• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

Some notes on Spam Control & New Users

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Nice notes. I will be more careful and try to walk the chalk now. This is my first one.
Here in the the cyber USA, the semi unofficial greeting bots are released to test if you are a bot or not, so if you please, hop down the chalk line while alternately touching your nose with each had and your head tilted back while singing "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt". if you pass you will be considered a "Not-Bot".

Chad Cordova

Villager
Reading directions is important. I clearly didn't do that since I have not really been able to use much of the site since I opened it in March of this year. Oops. Number 1

Scott DeWar

Reading directions is important. I clearly didn't do that since I have not really been able to use much of the site since I opened it in March of this year. Oops. Number 1
Greetings Chad Cordova from the EnWorld automated greeting bot*

*a free service of SkyNet

Scott DeWar

I'm "not a bot", I'm just new, and looking for campaignionship... couldn't resist the pun.
Greetings, "Not a bot". I am the official self-aware unofficial greeting bot. Welcome to En World.

Nymblwyly

Villager
Might be helpful for newbies such as myself if somewhere in the FAQ it actually explained this and 'how to create your first post' as opposed to the current oblique references and miscellaneous links to elsewhere.

I'm still not sure how I create a 'new thread' but if I understand correctly I need to post three replies to other posts even if it is just 'Wheee - cool!' of some other rubbish and maybe a 'Create New Post' button will magically appear?

Onwards and upwards...

Scott DeWar

Might be helpful for newbies such as myself if somewhere in the FAQ it actually explained this and 'how to create your first post' as opposed to the current oblique references and miscellaneous links to elsewhere.

I'm still not sure how I create a 'new thread' but if I understand correctly I need to post three replies to other posts even if it is just 'Wheee - cool!' of some other rubbish and maybe a 'Create New Post' button will magically appear?

Onward and upwards...
That sounds mostly correct, except you can post the "whee" post here. This thread is explicitly here just for that purpose.

Also, greetings and salutations from the officially unofficial En World Greeting bot.

To post or not to post... that is the question

Post? Hmm... Fence post, lamp post, post hole digger, postage, postal, postmaster, apostle, postgame, postime, goalpost, postgraduate, postseason, imposter, postmortem, and posthumous. I could think of more, but... I figure that's enough posts for today. :cool:

Scott DeWar

greetings poster. I am the En world unofficial greeting bot and am here to welcome you! ( I swear I am a bot!)

Advertisement