• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Something's out there....

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Re: Dyson sphere, the space thing not the floor cleaner

I seem to recall an episode of Star Trek: Next gen where they encounter Scotty in an ancient cargo craft trapped in a doorway into the sphere or something like that. Maybe called "Artifacts"?

Am I right in that being a dyson sphere?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Re: Dyson sphere, the space thing not the floor cleaner

I seem to recall an episode of Star Trek: Next gen where they encounter Scotty in an ancient cargo craft trapped in a doorway into the sphere or something like that. Maybe called "Artifacts"?

Am I right in that being a dyson sphere?

Yes, that was a Dyson Sphere.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, there goes any image of aliens in ancient Greek robes debating the Fermi paradox.

Given what currently drives personal computing upgrades & provides the most content on the earthly Internet, you know that's OUR probable fate if we go that route. "Plato's (Electronic) Stepchildren" will more likely be hedonists than philosopher kings.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Given what currently drives personal computing upgrades & provides the most content on the earthly Internet, you know that's OUR probable fate if we go that route. "Plato's (Electronic) Stepchildren" will more likely be hedonists than philosopher kings.

Why not both? Maybe we'll finally find out the answer to age old questions like "does size matter?" and "who is your daddy?".

Ranes

Adventurer
I liked the coverage in The Independent. It wasn't so much the story. (That was simply, "Hey, we just read this in The Atlantic.") It was because some commentard wag wrote, "It's the GSV So Much For Subtlety."

Edit: Oh and Scott, the episode was called, 'Relics'.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads