• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sons of Krauss Age of Worms Adventure Path (IC)

Azten

First Post
Azten divides his attention evenly between watching the passages to either side in front of him, and peeking behind him to monitor how the others are faring with the creature.

When he sees that Owen is down and Alexi is examining him, he looks to her for any sign that his skills are needed. If so, he then moves one grid straight toward Owen and assesses his condition himself.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Kenneth

Kenneth curses under his breath as the creature ducks and his bolt clatters against the statue.

"Well, if that is how it's going to be..." he grumbles, dropping the crossbow onto the ground. The small gnome weaves through his companions and unsheathes his rapier. He grabs some of the folds of the statue's robes and stabs at the brainless creature with his sword.

"Ah ha!" he yells as he thrusts.
If Kenneth cannot move into the same space as the creature, obviously the above won't happen. :heh: If not, he will simply reload his crossbow and shoot again.

ROUND 3 cont.

Owen lays on the floor in a mischievous pile, staring at the back of his eye lids.

Suddenly dropping his flanged mace and his shield, Gregor yells out, “I’ve just about had it with this thing! Get out from behind that thing and face us!” Risking injury, he reaches past the statue to grab hold of the floating creature. It lashes out at him with its entire body, but for once the statue gets in its way instead. Gregor wraps his large hand around one end of its muscled body, and slams it against the wall (OOC: Drop weapon and loose shield, move action; Gregor initiatives grapple and provokes an AoO; creature hits AC 7, miss! Gregor touch attack 18 + 5 – 4 (cover) = 19, hit! Opposed grapple checks, Gregor 11 vs. creature 0, grapple initiated! Grapple damage 1d3 + 5 = 8 hp of nonlethal damage).

Azten divides his attention evenly between watching the passages to either side in front of him, and peeking behind him to monitor how the others are faring with the creature.
When he sees that Owen is down he looks to her for any sign that his skills are needed. Quickly moving over to the prone human he sees that he seems to have been magically put to sleep. Not wanting to waste any time, Azten lightly kicks his companion with his boot, “Come on, lad, no time for napping” (OOC: 5-foot step, standard action to wake up Owen). The young man’s eyes fly open and he is momentarily disoriented as he gets his bearings, “What am I doing on the ground?” he stammers (OOC: Owen is prone, and will get to act right after Azten next round).

Seeing a chance to help the giant in his subdual of the creature, Majakilar drops his weapon. “Alexi,” he barks out with military bruskness, “you’re in the way. Step aside so I can get at that thing!” (OOC: drop weapon, delay action to move in next to Gregor once Alexi gets out of the way)

I can't hit that thing with the statue and everything in between...” Alexi grumbles. Hearing Majakilar she steps behind Gregor and reloads her crossbow (OOC: 5-foot step, reload crossbow).

Glad to have an opening, Majakilar moves in next to Gregor so that he can reach the strange monster (OOC: move action; initiative point changes).

Kenneth curses under his breath as the creature ducks and his bolt clatters against the statue.
"Well, if that is how it's going to be..." he grumbles, dropping another bolt into his crossbow, and looking for any chance to get a shot in (OOC: load crossbow, ready attack action).

ROUND 4

With Gregor’s hands wrapped firmly around it, the creature desperately releases one its purple eye rays at him. It hits him full in the face, and once again the giant drops, already snoring. The creature easily wriggles out from between his fingers. (OOC: Ranged touch attack hits AC 25, hit! Gregor Will save 10 + 1 = 11, failure; Gregor falls prone and is asleep; creature is no longer in a grapple).

OOC: Kenneth could fire his readied attack right after the creature escapes the grapple, if he so chooses. It would use up Kenneth's Round 4 action, but would change his initiative point to 15.

Round 4 cont.:
Gregor 9
Azten 9
Owen 9
Alexi 4
Majakilar 4
Kenneth 3
----------
Round 5:
Creature 15

Attachments

• GWC-C2-R3.jpg
    GWC-C2-R3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 87

Azten

First Post
Great. I really have to talk with the big guy about getting more sleep. This falling asleep during combat is for the birds.

Feeling that he cannot get to Gregor without getting in the way, Azten continues to monitor the situation.

Mista Collins

First Post
Giving Gregor a kick as Owen stands, he tries to see if he is alright. Seeing there isn't much he can do, Owen takes a step back and reaches for his daggers. "This thing is really starting to get on my nerves!"

OOC - Move action to stand, standard action to wake Gregor, 5-step next to Azten

Thanee

First Post
Since Owen already tries to let Gregor shake of the dizziness, Alexi tries once more to shoot the weird creature with her crossbow.

Voadam

Legend
If Gregor is awakened he will stand up and try to grab the floating eyestalks and yank them out (grapple again) from behind the statue. Otherwise he will have dreams about elves giving him the evil eye.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Kenneth

With his face leveled behind the crossbow, Kenneth waits for the opportune moment. He waits patiently as Gregor and the eyestalk struggle behind the statue and flinches as an intense purple ray strikes the miner full in the face, tumlbin backward. Before the creature can hide behind the statue once more, Kenneth releases his crossbow bolt.
OOC - Sorry guys! I've been checking the first page, and I've been waiting for the good ol' "View first unread." link. It hasn't shown up, so I assumed there was a lag. Didn't realize it was me again. :\ I'll just head straight to "Last page" from now on, I think. ;)

Remove ads