• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sorcerer: the only class I'm worried about (and how I'd make it)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
This noise disturbs me. I speculate that this sound, perhaps, is what made Furious Monkey furious in the first place.

Eh. That "mnar" sound represents far too many hours wasted reading repetitive drivel on Usenet, including comments by "Gas Spore Paladin" and others.
(Apparently, the original Sto-roper had been drawn with such horrible art that it had been able to say nothing more than "mnar" out of sheer embarrassment about the quality of its illustration -- or so the story was told. The extended "mnar" was a virtual sound effect provided to punctuate virtually any text discussions.)

LordArchaon

Explorer
I hadn't seen the replies to the thread, not accustomed to EnWorld yet...
I wanted to link here a custom 3.5 class that rocked my D&D world in 2007 when its author posted it in the Gleemax/WotC forums...
This could be a foundation for a Chaos Sorcerer or non-elemental sorcerer.
It is based on Wisdom, and the flavor of it (plenty to read about it!) makes Wisdom a truly good choice. It's also a bit fey-themed and in general it feels like some kind of primordial/alternative/fundamental magic that I'd like a Sorcerer to have (if not being a true Elementalist).

Enjoy The Enigmist

(And think how the concept could be refluffed in multiple ways just swapping terms and concepts around! Also, multiple spells per turn...)

Remove ads