D&D 5E Sorcerers Should Be Constitution-Based Casters, Not Charisma

tomBitonti

Adventurer
It would seem that an exhaustion mechanic could help. Actually, I‘d go with three:

Exhaustion: Str + Con + Training
Focus: Int + Wis + Training
Charm: Cha + Dex + Training

All classes would have pools which could be consumed to bolster actions. The pools would recover more quickly than hit points.

This doesn’t look like D&D anymore, but seems to add what the original post was asking for.

TomB

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It would seem that an exhaustion mechanic could help. Actually, I‘d go with three:

Exhaustion: Str + Con + Training
Focus: Int + Wis + Training
Charm: Cha + Dex + Training

All classes would have pools which could be consumed to bolster actions. The pools would recover more quickly than hit points.

This doesn’t look like D&D anymore, but seems to add what the original post was asking for.

TomB
I made every attribute an exhaustion pool in my own system. Scores range from 1-5 at chargen, with a total of 9 points spread over 6 stats, and you get 1 point per level to add to a stat of your choice. Attribute Points are the primary currency of character action, fueling flub-mitigation, special abilities, improvised actions that combine multiple skills, healing, active defense checks, and more.
They recharge a bit with every rest, and only an extended rest (at least a week) recharges them all automatically.

Remove ads