• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Finishing off giants and their kin

Shade

Monster Junkie
Those feats work for me.

For skills, how about: Bluff 5, Intimidate 3, Listen 3, Move Silently 4, Spot 3? Hide is probably pointless without a racial bonus (which doesn't make much sense with their immense bulk).

Advancement: By HD, by character class, or both?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Um. I've just noticed that the cave lords have actually already been updated to 3.5 in the Bestiary of Krynn, Revised. I do apologise for not noticing this earlier -- the BoK version treats them a large humanoids, rather than giants, which is why I missed them :(

Shade

Monster Junkie
Um. I've just noticed that the cave lords have actually already been updated to 3.5 in the Bestiary of Krynn, Revised. I do apologise for not noticing this earlier -- the BoK version treats them a large humanoids, rather than giants, which is why I missed them :(

No biggee. I have no problem doing our own version.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Oops, forgot that for a sec!

Standard giants are just by character class, so we can stick with that.

150 years? Probably sufficiently long compared to standard gobbos...

kobold bones, underground herbs, and other possessions?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here's the only reason I was considering HD advancement as well:

"A typical cave lord is 9 to 10 feet tall and obscenely obese, weighing nearly a ton. Some grow to heights of 12 feet or more."

As characters...

Favored Class: Rogue?

Same deity/domains as goblins? ("Goblin clerics worship Maglubiyet. A goblin cleric has access to two of the following domains: Chaos, Evil, or Trickery.")

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Let's see. I'm willing to reconsider advancement. Maybe by character class or 7-8HD (Large), 9-10 HD (Huge).

I like the rest, I think. I could also see favored class being fighter, your choice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads