Special Conversion Thread: Finishing off the oozes

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Shade said:
Whew...that's alot to digest!

I'll try to get a Homebrews going on these fellas later today.
Yeah, I think homebrews would be helpful for this. It's a bit hard to keep track of all this! Where are we, actually?

Hellraider

First Post
In order to decide the scores, you need a target CR... I´d recommend a target CR around their HD. Those guys are permanent underminers (metal is about all we use), and special attack users (unsunderable 50 feet reach...!), their CR should be around their HD +1. From there, you give them the scores you think they will need to live up to the task.

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
OK, to get these guys going, let's figure out ability scores for them, as they are usually the key to unlocking the rest of the creature.

First, we know Int is 5. Cha should probably be 1, as a few other intelligent oozes still have Cha 1 (like the assassin jelly). Wis is probably average (10-11).

Str would appear to be 18-19 for the gold (based on +4 dmg), and since the other two deal +3 damage over that, probably 24-25 for the platinum and iron.

Dex could be high to achieve the AC of 15. The assassin jelly, for example, bucks the usual ooze trend of low Dex and no natural armor, going with +2 Dex, +3 natural.

Oozes generally have decent Con, many 20 or higher.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Why don't we go with Dex 14-15 for Iron and Platinum and 16-17 for Gold (since it's alacritous).

Shade

Monster Junkie
So, for iron silatic...

Str 24-25, Dex 14-15, Con 20+, Int 5, Wis 10-11, Cha 1
+3 natural armor or higher

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
OK, I tried to gather up some of this and start the iron up in Homebrews.

Since we try to present the monsters as usable with only the official rules, I've moved the spelljammer.org specific material to a "sidebar" at the bottom.

Remove ads