Special Conversion Thread: Finishing off the oozes

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let's decide on an amount for the reflective spell resistance.

The gold and platinum have spell resistance CR+7. Shall we just use that here?

Big Mac

Explorer
freyar said:
I think what Big Mac has is closest to the Morkoth and Aoa, and any of these is good with me.

I think I prefer the wording of the Aoa to what I originally suggested. It is shorter and also adds that great gaze reflection. That really fits in well with the other stuff we have.

Shade said:
Let's decide on an amount for the reflective spell resistance.

The gold and platinum have spell resistance CR+7. Shall we just use that here?

If I were writing the silver silatic for 2nd edition, I'd put it on an equal footing with the Magic Resistance of the gold and platinum (30%), so CR+7 sounds perfect for the spell resistance. (Making these creatures have as much resistance as an iron silatic would make these creatures very dangerous.)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

How's this?

Disease (Ex): A creature struck by a silver silatic must succeed on a DC X Fortitude save or acquire a disease called argyria. The disease has an onset of 1 day. The victim's skin and eyes become sensistive to sunlight. The victim is dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell, and suffers a -2 penalty to Concentration checks in these light conditions. The save DC is Constitution-based.

We still need...

Speed: x ft. (x squares)
Gold is 30 ft., the others are 15 ft.

Feats: 3
We gave gold Cleave, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Power Attack
We gave platinum Ability Focus (acid), Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Power Attack
We gave iron Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Power Attack

A typical specimen weighs about x pounds. Big Mac's findings upthread indicate silver has a specific gravity of about half of gold, so we could just halve the gold's weight, giving us 150 pounds. But, that makes it less than iron at 200 pounds, which supposedly weighs less than silver.

We currently have...

Iron = 200 pounds
Gold = 300 pounds
Platinum = 600 pounds

We could revise to...

Iron = 150 pounds
Silver = 200 pounds
Gold = 400 pounds
Platinum = 800 pounds

...or just make silver 150 and drop iron to 125.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The disease looks good.

Let's keep to 15 ft.

Feats: Imp Init, Imp Sunder, Power Attack.

I like 150, 200, 400, 800 lb.

Big Mac

Explorer
freyar said:
The disease looks good.

I agree with the effects. It still might be worth adding a bit of flavor text that mentions a silvery-grey colour. How about adding it to the end of the third sentence, like this:

The victim's skin and eyes become sensistive to sunlight, and take on a silvery-grey shade that is easily noticed by anyone they meet.​

This is a non-magical disease, so I'm not sure if you want to mention something like:

Argyria is instantly cured by a Remove Disease or Heal spell. A victim of argyria gains no benifit if a Remove Curse spell is cast upon them. However a Remove Blindness/Deafness spell is partially effective - restoring their eyesight, but not their natural skin colour.​

freyar said:
Let's keep to 15 ft.

I'd agree with that.

freyar said:
Feats: Imp Init, Imp Sunder, Power Attack.

Again, I'd agree with this.

freyar said:
I like 150, 200, 400, 800 lb.

This sounds good.

Another alternative, would be to keep the existing weights and make the silver silatic slightly smaller or thiner. Or keep it heavy but give it a lower percentage of silver (and lower its "treasure" content).

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I don't think we need to mention anything specific about the disease, since nonmagical is the "default" setting for diseases.

And let's keep the treasure content where it is, since they don't have any other treasure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases