• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Tasked Genies

Cleon

Legend
Yes on the feats. I'd actually thought those were finalized now, anyway. ;)

Good!

So we've just got Challenge Rating, weight and some descriptive text to work out.

They look Challenge Rating 10 to me. They're certainly at least a CR stronger than a CL 8 Efreeti, but I think their spell resistance and nastier SLAs (especially eyebite, resilient sphere and wall of force) is enough to make them 2 CR tougher, although I could see a case for a "strong CR 9".

Their "anti-oathbreaker" special abilities shouldn't count for the CR, since they are unlikely to apply to a standard encounter.

As for weight, scaling down the 2000 pound 12-foot SRD Efreeti to 9 feet works out at ... 843 pounds!

Round it up to 900 pounds?

Cleon

Legend
Up to any of Cleon's famous typos, yes. ;)

Typos? I don't make typos. They're deliberate errors to check whether you're on your toes. :p

The Oathbinder's got a "10fold or hundrefold" in the paragraph above its height & weight which looks like it should be "tenfold or hundredfold" and it's still got a question mark in "Alignment: Always lawful neutral?".

Apart from that I think we're good.

I vaguely recall we talked about giving it a racial bonus to Sense Motive or Diplomacy, but its skills are plenty good enough as it is.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated. I'm content without additional racial bonuses as well.

I believe we've finished converting all the tasked genies. We had discussed creating a Hunter/Tracker for our own amusement. Shall we move on to that?

Remove ads