• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Speculation on the art in the new core books

I think they will use much of the same art they had in the 2014 books, but for things like subclasses they might have new art for all 48 of them, because they never really had any art specifically for them.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I think they will use much of the same art they had in the 2014 books, but for things like subclasses they might have new art for all 48 of them, because they never really had any art specifically for them.
Nope, they have commissioned completely all new art for all three books, per what WotC has said. We've seen a few pieces, namely a new Red, Black and Blue Dragon. No reused art at all.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Here's the Red Dragon:

maxresdefault.jpg

Hat tip to @darjr for this info, I guess we have only heard "mostly new art":

"All three books will have mostly new art from new artists too, like from two concept artists from Obi Wan and the Avatar shows."

IMG_8660.jpeg
IMG_8658.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm sure we'll see SOME reused art - but not as much as the OP suggests.
Yeah, they have mostly emphasized how much new art there will be, bit some pieces are so iconic that it makes sense to reuse them. But new art is frankly going to be the mover for selling books, more than refreshed rules even, amd they seem to have a much higher art budget for these than they did for the 2014 books.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah, they have mostly emphasized how much new art there will be, bit some pieces are so iconic that it makes sense to reuse them. But new art is frankly going to be the mover for selling books, more than refreshed rules even, amd they seem to have a much higher art budget for these than they did for the 2014 books.
It's definitely one of the things that I'm looking forward to.

Remove ads