D&D (2024) Speculation on the next UA in April

Vael

Legend
I'm guessing either Warrior or Mage group next. I don't expect Bastion rules until all the classes are out for playtesting.

So, an extreme called shot:
April: Warrior or Mage
June: The other one
Aug: Bastion Rules
Oct: New Monsters and other DM related material
Dec: Revisions

I think the Warriors, related Feats, weapons, maybe armor and equipment, and presumably some rules glossary changes will be plenty “chunky.” I doubt we’ll see any of the mage classes yet, and I doubt we’ll see second passes at any classes before we’ve seen first passes at all of them.

That is no chunkier then the first packet, it's supposed at least two months worth of packets.

I think they've got the Specirles nailed down. I think we'll see the base Warrior & Mage Classes with a Subclass each, along with Spells and Feats. Then after that, we'll start seeing any revisions along with the remaining 36 Subclasses next go around.

Very possible, although I'll add I think between the Mage classes and the class polished versions later, we will get a pile more spells and feats.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Very possible, although I'll add I think between the Mage classes and the class polished versions later, we will get a pile more spells and feats.
I think we'll get those all at the same time as the Class options, whether they do Warriors and Mages together or separately is the real question: either way, the Feats will be tested along side them as applicable (Warrior Feats with the Warriors, Mage Feats with the Mages), and Arcane Spells with the Mages.

Dealing in pure unadulterated speculation, I wonder if School Specicialization will turn into a Feat chain shared by all Mages:, so a Sorcerer could be an Illusionist or a Warlock be an Enchanter seperate from any Subclass. Last we saw from Beyond in 2020, the two most popular Wizard Subclasses were BladeCenter and War Mage, so I reckon those might get into the PHB.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I think both Warrior AND Mage is next as by April, 2023 will be 1/4th over and Mages and Warrior need the more work and will be the most criticicized.

The playtest of Fighter in D&D Next was FOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEERR because the community cannot agree with what it need to do.

It's gonna be Warriors Playtest 3 times in a Row.

Last edited:

Remove ads