D&D 5E Speculation thread! Vecna? Giants UA?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So, for those who didn't get my first post.

What was first module by TSR?

G1. Steading of the Hill Giant Chief.

Where was G1 set?
Greyhawk.

What was the first module series by TSR?
G1-G3, Against the Giants.

Where was Against the Giants set?
Greyhawk.

Who is the biggest baddie of them all?
Vecna.

And where is Vecna from?
Greyhawk.

Game.
Set.
Match.
#GREYHAWKCONFIRMED!

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
So, for those who didn't get my first post.

What was first module by TSR?

G1. Steading of the Hill Giant Chief.

Where was G1 set?
Greyhawk.

What was the first module series by TSR?
G1-G3, Against the Giants.

Where was Against the Giants set?
Greyhawk.

Who is the biggest baddie of them all?
Vecna.

And where is Vecna from?
Greyhawk.

Game.
Set.
Match.
#GREYHAWKCONFIRMED!

One of the subclasses (Primeval Druid) essentially summons a dinosaur. Does Greyhawk have dinosaurs?

Legitimate question, I bet there is a module in GH that probably does have dinosaurs somewhere.

Urriak Uruk

THE ISLE OF THE .... APE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, totally forgot about that one. I knew there were dinosaurs crawling around GH somewhere...

1653670212159.png

About Vecna can be an adventure as "Descent into Avernus" or a "Vecna's Book of Vile Darkness".

A new adventure about giants are possible, but these don't need freedback from previous UA articles because these are for sourcebooks with "crunch". Other compilation of adventures set in Greyhawk are possible, or maybe an module + minisetting, as Stryxhaven, Witchlight and Radiant Citadel.

I guess WotC tries D&D sourcebooks about a M:tG plane was in the same year than the card-game event.

Maybe it is a new setting but the goal is a survival+stronghold management as the now popular videogame "V Rising".

DataDwarf

Explorer
Vecna = adventure book. Giants UA = setting book.

That’s my opinion anyway.
I think they have figured out that they can combine them, have less material that pertains to each, and sell a single book to customers that want either, rather than having to come up with enough content to fill two books that will individually appeal to a smaller customer base.

Look at VRGtR, SCoC, WBtW, and MMoM. All have player options and DM options in them.

Edit: and FToD

With as little is known about HAT, anything is possible.

Could it be Hugh Grant, perhaps...?

James Wyatt is the project lead involved with this UA. Mark it, Fizban's for Giants as his follow-up. Though what NPC would work for Giants...?

My understanding is that the eye and hand would've just been "normal" parts of Vecna prior to the conflict with Kas. This clearly shows them as items of power.

I just assumed that was supposed to be 5E Vecna pre-lich and waaaay before his Ascension.

Vecna's Verses has a nice ring to it.

Vecna's [insert noun here] of Everything?

Considering that they specifically call out the Book stored within his ribcage, that could be very likely. I just hope it's not like the previous "make D&D all edgelord-y" iterations.

"Vecna's Book of Vile Darkness".

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Could be a platypus.

In more serious terms, you're creating a pattern out of one book. For me, importing Dawn War/Primordial lore (which is essentially the First World), while we know new settings are being developed, with one of the subclasses explicitly being "Primeval" themed, seems to be pretty distinctly pointing to a First World setting book. A world dominated by dragons and giants while the little mortals try to survive.
I could see a new Settong being a reasonable interpretation...but not thebFirst World, which is a Mythic concept, not a "place."

Urriak Uruk

I could see a new Settong being a reasonable interpretation...but not thebFirst World, which is a Mythic concept, not a "place."

That's just your interpretation of the text. Pretty much sounds like a place, not a concept, to me (my own interpretation). Now it may be a place that doesn't exist anymore (shattered into the multitude of D&D worlds) but I don't know why that would stop a book from being published on the place.

Remove ads