Spelljammer Spelljammer Academy: Get Free Spelljammer Adventures From D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

5620DC8B-4221-4610-BD36-D650EC2027A9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonBelow

Adventurer
Ignoring the XP tables is a legitimate choice and I think that at the higher levels somewhat necessary. So is starting out at third. There is nothing wrong with levelling slowly. I can certainly see the merit of it.

I have been running a 3 year campaign (with spelljammer elements), once a week for about a year and every other week since the pandemic. The characters are 11th level. We're running a hail mary scenario to end it next week, because we want to start a spelljammer campaign. We certainly didn't rush to 11th level. We started using milestones to slow it down. Characters in the spelljammer campaign will start at 3rd level because paraphrasing a spelljammer book: in wildspace, there is always a bigger fish.

Hussar

Legend
AFAIC, I’m so tired of levels 1-4, both as a dm and a player that slipping through them as fast as possible is a good thing.

Ten years and I’ve done levels 1-4 as a dm or a player about 8 or 9 times. Pretty much once a year. I’ve hit double digit levels like once.

Yeah count me in on fast forwarding through the first five levels.

M_Natas

Hero
I mean, Adventures in Space and Wildspace specifically began with a section on how to get your groundling characters into space, so from the get-go the assumption was that most parties would start on the ground and then discover a way into the Phlo (or the Astral, as it is now).
Yeah, I'm reading right now the Spelljammer Novel Series. The first book (out of six) has nothing to do with spelljamming. Just freaking 300 pages on how the one character got on the ship. All the spelljamming starts only in book 2. It was so annoying.
If I would play in a game that was advertised as spelljammer, but would have to play 20 sessions before I actually leave the planet, I would be pissed

Reynard

Legend
Yeah, I'm reading right now the Spelljammer Novel Series. The first book (out of six) has nothing to do with spelljamming. Just freaking 300 pages on how the one character got on the ship. All the spelljamming starts only in book 2. It was so annoying.
If I would play in a game that was advertised as spelljammer, but would have to play 20 sessions before I actually leave the planet, I would be pissed
That would be like playing a traditional medieval fantasy D&D campaign and require 4 or 5 sessions of working menial jobs in the village and collecting enough coppers to buy their basic equipment before going off to the first dungeon.

Hint to all game players, game masters, and game designers: the adventure starts when the ADVENTURE STARTS.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases