• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Spelljammer Shows Up In The Wild - Check Out The Tables of Contents

Copies of Spelljammer are starting to show up. Mike Long of Tribality is in receipt of the books and has tweeted some photos!

Copies of Spelljammer are starting to show up. Mike Long of Tribality is in receipt of the books and has tweeted some photos!

2.jpeg

052C4CBE-625B-4E6A-8005-D549BB9BC634.jpeg

31C64296-9C83-406C-B915-BA6C3305CE25.jpeg

1.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, I was disappointed with the answer to my question. I guess I'll use the UA advice and offer Skilled or Tough to everyone.
Honestly, you can go beyond that on a case by case basis without disrupting anything. There's said that a player could take any Feat at 1st instead of the Feats in the book being called "Supernatural Gifts."

I could ask. Do you have specific verbiage for a question?
Although it's not for the same thing as you originally posted this for, can you ask how the transition from Wildspace to the Astral Sea works, and if visiting the Astral Sea is mandatory, or just a shortcut, when going between Wildspace systems? These should be on pages 20 and 21 from the ToC we had earlier.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I mean, that still describes functional inaccessibility. It just leaves why it can’t be accessed up to the DM.
No. The DM's choice is not limited to coming up with a reason for why it can't be accessed. That language also means the DM can allow the PCs to find it and bring spelljamming to Athas. That language leaves it completely open to whether or not it is inaccessible. The default state of 2e Athas was not inaccessibility, the default state was maybe or maybe not, nobody knows for sure.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
What if they make it that DarkSun takes place in the far past, and Doomspace is after the star finally went belly-up. Athas is gone. But some of our favorite DS creatures have survived. It's "unreachable"... without a time machine. (Or powerful chronomancy).
That's possible, but I don't think they would go that route. Too many people like Dark Sun for them to just wash it down the drain like that. Leaving it open as a possibility, even one they never intend on taking, wouldn't make as many people upset.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That would certainly fall under the category of advancing the metaplot in a way I think a lot of players would be quite upset with. “That setting you love? It’s gone now. Don’t bother hoping for us to revisit it some day, because it was canonically destroyed.”
That's possible, but I don't think they would go that route. Too many people like Dark Sun for them to just wash it down the drain like that. Leaving it open as a possibility, even one they never intend on taking, wouldn't make as many people upset.

I hope not. I'd love to get Dark Sun properly back in current D&D.

All three of you misunderstand me (which might be a good reason to NOT do it, as it seems that it could cause much confusion).

I don't mean "destroy Dark Sun"!

I mean set Dark Sun in the past. You then RELEASE Dark Sun, taking place eons earlier than "current" D&D. This is why it's inaccessible. It's "A Long Time Ago in A Wildspace Far Far Away".

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
All three of you misunderstand me (which might be a good reason to NOT do it, as it seems that it could cause much confusion).

I don't mean "destroy Dark Sun"!

I mean set Dark Sun in the past. You then RELEASE Dark Sun, taking place eons earlier than "current" D&D. This is why it's inaccessible. It's "A Long Time Ago in A Wildspace Far Far Away".
Okay. I can see that. I'm not sure it would be well received, but that makes a lot more sense and wouldn't ruffle as many feathers.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads