• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Spelljammer Shows Up In The Wild - Check Out The Tables of Contents

Copies of Spelljammer are starting to show up. Mike Long of Tribality is in receipt of the books and has tweeted some photos!

Copies of Spelljammer are starting to show up. Mike Long of Tribality is in receipt of the books and has tweeted some photos!

2.jpeg

052C4CBE-625B-4E6A-8005-D549BB9BC634.jpeg

31C64296-9C83-406C-B915-BA6C3305CE25.jpeg

1.jpeg

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I think I'm starting to like this method of organizing books. I honestly felt it was something of a cash-grab, with the total page count the same (or less) than the "regular" 5e hardcovers, but I think based on these ToCs that these books look tight. Well organized (organization is a thing that's plagued D&D for a very long time!) and interesting. The price-point is not cheap, but at least it's not just an MSRP raise, but a format change.

I wonder how things will look going forward.

For example: Are we going to get the standard 3 core, PHB, MM, DMG for the 50th, or a group of smaller, better organized folios? If any time has been the time to throw away the traditional way of doing things, NOW might very well be that time.
Yeah, looking at these books, I'm not as hesitant about the new format as I used to be. The books look packed, the DM screen looks awesome, and this looks like an absolutely amazing conversion of Spelljammer to 5e.

I'm still a bit upset about the price increasing so much, but I'm really excited to get my hands on these books.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
At my request he posted the Monsters by CR

Does anyone else think that it's weird that there's so few high level monsters? Why are those Ancient Dragons so weak compared to the main ones? Where's the Lunar and Solar Great Wyrms? Why aren't there some of the more powerful classic spelljammer monsters (living stars/planets, gammaroids, etc)?

Don't get me wrong, I like all of the monsters that are included, they just seem a bit underlevel to me.

pukunui

Legend
Does anyone else think that it's weird that there's so few high level monsters? Why are those Ancient Dragons so weak compared to the main ones? Where's the Lunar and Solar Great Wyrms? Why aren't there some of the more powerful classic spelljammer monsters (living stars/planets, gammaroids, etc)?

Don't get me wrong, I like all of the monsters that are included, they just seem a bit underlevel to me.
I suspect it's because WotC still doesn't think it's worth supporting high level play since so few groups get past level 10 or so.

darjr

I crit!
Yeah, looking at these books, I'm not as hesitant about the new format as I used to be. The books look packed, the DM screen looks awesome, and this looks like an absolutely amazing conversion of Spelljammer to 5e.

I'm still a bit upset about the price increasing so much, but I'm really excited to get my hands on these books.
If you are price sensitive it's up on Amazon now for $42.

which is funny all by it self.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
All three of you misunderstand me (which might be a good reason to NOT do it, as it seems that it could cause much confusion).

I don't mean "destroy Dark Sun"!

I mean set Dark Sun in the past. You then RELEASE Dark Sun, taking place eons earlier than "current" D&D. This is why it's inaccessible. It's "A Long Time Ago in A Wildspace Far Far Away".
Sorry. I don't see the huge difference. Destroy Dark Sun is still destroy Dark Sun. Yes, release Dark Sun and set it in the past of the current D&D game "timeline". Got it. You're still destroying Dark Sun in the "present". That's the problem. I'd rather they not do that. It makes things pointlessly complicated.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Sorry. I don't see the huge difference. Destroy Dark Sun is still destroy Dark Sun. Yes, release Dark Sun and set it in the past of the current D&D game "timeline". Got it. You're still destroying Dark Sun in the "present". That's the problem. I'd rather they not do that. It makes things pointlessly complicated.
The only 'present' is the time when you are playing at the table. Wizards doesn't insist on a master timeline for their adventures so why should we?

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads