• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spiders in Drow of the Underdark

kinem

Adventurer
This seems to be just another example of WotC's approach to quality. They don't bother with putting much thought, research, or playtesting into products. If it's unbalanced they say "who cares, wait for the next book", and if it's unrealistic they say "who cares, it's magic/fantasy/just a game".

That said, DotU seems to be an otherwise quite interesting book. So, maybe those are fiendish spiders? In real life, I've never yet seen any fiendish spider that looked like a normal spider.

pawsplay

Hero
kinem said:
This seems to be just another example of WotC's approach to quality. They don't bother with putting much thought, research, or playtesting into products. If it's unbalanced they say "who cares, wait for the next book", and if it's unrealistic they say "who cares, it's magic/fantasy/just a game".

That said, DotU seems to be an otherwise quite interesting book. So, maybe those are fiendish spiders? In real life, I've never yet seen any fiendish spider that looked like a normal spider.

Does a fiendish tiger have extra body segments?

"That's the head... there's the forelegs... the shoulders... the other shoulders..."

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
DM_Jeff said:
As long as men and women are correct, the beasties can be any fantasy -imagined mis-match they want if it looks cool.
Well, crap. Considering the quality of most figures in D&D art, we're in trouble . . .

(I'd rather see something exaggerated but cool, like Wayne Reynold's artwork, than something highly accurate but utterly dull. Unfortunately, most of what we get is distorted and ugly or boring.)

Remove ads