• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spike armor

I agree with the excellent off hand attack. I ran a simple dwarf bar with Great hammer and spikes, wonderful combo. As with what it looks like, you have so much vertitility depending on what it looks like i.e spikes versus razors or whatever. I love it.

Wyvernhand

First Post
Armor spikes are also a great primary weapon if you are utilizing a lot of natural weapons. Remember, if you are attacking with a manufactured weapon AND natural weapons, you get all of your iterative attacks PLUS all of your secondary natural weapon attacks (primary natural attacks are converted to secondary in the presence of a weapon that can make iterative attacks). The great thing about armor spikes is that they don't interfere with any natual attacks. If you were holding a sword, you couldn't also claw or slam with that limb. If you have armor spikes, nothing inhibits you from using them AND your natural weapons. Great for web enhacement Kobolds, Totemists, and anyone else relying heavily on natural attacks, especially claws.

As far as descriptions, I like the idea of backward facing razor barbs on the outside of the vambraces similar to Shredder from TMNT, along with shoulder and knee spikes.

Eman Resu

First Post
Armor spikes are also a great primary weapon if you are utilizing a lot of natural weapons. Remember, if you are attacking with a manufactured weapon AND natural weapons, you get all of your iterative attacks PLUS all of your secondary natural weapon attacks (primary natural attacks are converted to secondary in the presence of a weapon that can make iterative attacks). The great thing about armor spikes is that they don't interfere with any natual attacks. If you were holding a sword, you couldn't also claw or slam with that limb. If you have armor spikes, nothing inhibits you from using them AND your natural weapons. Great for web enhacement Kobolds, Totemists, and anyone else relying heavily on natural attacks, especially claws.

As far as descriptions, I like the idea of backward facing razor barbs on the outside of the vambraces similar to Shredder from TMNT, along with shoulder and knee spikes.

I use to love the spiked gauntlets, crit 18-20, x2, 1d6, combo with two wep fight style, imp crit...cant be disarmed, used in a grapple, this coupled with spear was my flavorite!

Nebten

First Post
Uh . . .

Simple Weapons Cost Dmg (S) Dmg (M) Critical Range Increment Weight Type

Gauntlet, spiked 5 gp 1d3 1d4 ×2 — 1 lb. Piercing

And if you mean Bladed Gauntlets, those got errated to not so cool land.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads