D&D 5E Spiritual Guardians question

gyor

Legend
So the radius of Spiritual Guardians is 15' , but does that include the 5' you in or is it 15' feet in every direction around you?

Like is it like this:

SSS
SCS
SSS

Or is it more like this?

SSSSS
SSSSS
SSSSSSS
SSSCSSS
SSSSSSS
SSSSS
SSSSS

gyor

Legend
Sorry for the the bad diagrama, but basically the difference is if the cleric's Space is included that means that the spell only effects those who are in front/behind/beside him, but if its 15' in every direction it would include those who are further away.

gyor

Legend
Thank all of you. That was what I thought.

So in practice that is 15' feet in front of you, 15' feet beside you, and 15' behind you. Maybe. 15' feet above and 15 below you too.

Still if that doesn't include your Square, it pairs well with enlarge.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
It extends out 15' in all directions from the caster. If your using 5' squares then it's 7 squares wide and includes the square the caster is in. It radiates from the caster, so no trying to game the system and squeeze in with the caster to avoid the effects. Remember it only effects your enemies so the caster and their allies are safe.

CapnZapp

Legend
It extends out 15' in all directions from the caster. If your using 5' squares then it's 7 squares wide and includes the square the caster is in. It radiates from the caster, so no trying to game the system and squeeze in with the caster to avoid the effects. Remember it only effects your enemies so the caster and their allies are safe.
Yes, but you probably need to make up your mind about allies/enemies when you cast the spell.

That is, do new people entering the battlefield half way through the combat count as enemies or allies?

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yes, but you probably need to make up your mind about allies/enemies when you cast the spell.

That is, do new people entering the battlefield half way through the combat count as enemies or allies?

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

That would depend on if they start attacking you and your allies or not. These are spirits you're directing, so they can receive new instructions.

Remove ads