• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (The African Dream)

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
So that's how we want to play it? Make them dance to the tune of gunfire? Kareem matches the speed and movements of the black sedan (Jockey +9 Drive, with modifier of shooting +7) to help his passengers aim, then he too sticks his hand out the smashed window and fires a shot at the car. (+6 Attack, -6 penalty, +0 total d10+2)

Game Control

First Post
Suddenly, the fleeing driver activates his handbrakes and forces his vehicle into a mad bootleg reverse, surprising Kareem who overshoot past the Sedan. Kareem is just a little too slow to follow suit and by the time he gets his stolen car back in line with the fleeing Sedan, he has fallen 70 feet behind. Ronin, undeterred attempts a nearly impossible shot, aiming for the tire. Either through a lot of luck or a lot of skills, he hits the bull's eye. The tire explode and the Sedan swerves uncontrollably until it hit a lamppost. This doesn't look good for the soldiers.

Bootleg reverse VS jockey (0/-2)

Sedan
15 + 1 = 16

Kareem:
4 + 9 = 13 (PS, you'll get -2 for the next maneuver, not this one)

Win by 3, increase lead to 7, Chase speed decreases to 65 Mp/H

Ronin shoots once (aim) at the tire.

I rule that you can't brace yourself on a car swerving madly, and anyway if you braced+aimed this round you wouldn't be able to shoot (that's 2 half actions).

Ad hoc mechanic (no rule for call shot in D20!); the defense of the car is 10, Wheel are Small objects (+2 def) and the car provides 3/4 cover to the Wheel, so the tire have a def 8 point higher than the car.

They require 5 points of damage (no hardness) before bursting.

No laser sight (over 50 ft), no PBS, -6 because of range, + 1 aim

Steel ronin;

...and here I go again, prepping myself with tons of rules and detail only to roll a natural 20!

You can't expand an AD to make this a critical success as hitting the tire already is a critical success under normal circumstances.

Ronin hit; Dmg 8 (1D10), the tire burst.

Crash test; 12 + 1 - 2 = 9 DC 21

The driver can't control the car that crashes

Dmg (6D6) 26 + 12 = 38

Fortitude check to reduce damage; irrelevant, they don't have enough VP.

The driver and the passenger are dead.

Steel Ronin

First Post
Ken holsters his sidearm and looks at Kareem.

In a steely, unemotional voice he says, "Let's get out of here."

[OOC: Thanks Luddite. It was a team effort all the way - although a little luck always helps! Maybe we can be a little more organized next time - but we pulled this one off. --------- (And there was celebration: YAAAY!!)]

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
Kareem gapes incredulously at Steel Ronin. "Nice shot! Damnit! I still didn't get to fire my gun! Or ram someone, or anything. You guys have all the fun." Frowning dejectedly, he slows the Accord down to a mere 40mph and parks it a few blocks away from the safehouse. He then makes his way back.

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim follows Kareem with the CPG whistling all the way...

"Fancy driving... and good shooting... I guess this time the cowboys in the white hats walk off into the sunset... knowing the job is done..."

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
The team leaves the scene, leaving behind them a crashed car, several wounded and dead soldiers as well as a few hundreds scared bystanders. At least there was no explosion involved...

OOC: Annnnd the thread is closed

Remove ads