• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (The African Dream)

Game Control

First Post
Tokiwong said:
OOC: Ready action; watching the CPG he tries to flee he gets shot twice in the back... like a punk

OOC: With all the confusion, this is his last chance to flee. Here's another will save using the same ad hoc mechanic mentionned previously; 3 + 1 = 4 vs DC 15

-''You're mad! You're not gonna get away with this, you and your bunch of cowboys!''

Bold words, but the fear in his eyes is unmistakable.

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim chuckles... looking at the CPG...

"Bold words... but your eyes betray your fear... you have no idea just how crazy I am..."

Smiles madly... and winks...

"Just don't piss yourself in fear... that would be rather embarrassing..."

Game Control

First Post
Kareem_Amirr said:
Kareem then smashes the window of the '98 White Ford with his .45's butt Explorer parked nearby, retrieves his multitool from his pocket, and starts hotwiring.
[/B]

OOC:: My, why didn't I see it coming? Kareem bypasses the need to open lock altogether by smashing the window.

Kareem gains an action die for surprising me.

Mechanics; 9 + 5 = 15 vs DC 10 (not antitheft system on that car)

The engine starts. It took 12 second altogether for Kareem to reach the car (1/2 act.), smash the window (1/2 act.) and hotwire the car (1 act.).

As I said, Kareem still had an action before the Soldier could get moving. That means the Sedan only has a one round head starts. So I'll give them a lead of 30 feet (distance form the Kareem's car to start with) + 60 (Sedan's cruising speed) = 90 feet. For this chase, 1 lenght is 10 feet, so the chase starts with a 9 lenght difference between prey and predator.

Kareem, the car you stole is a ''Mid-Size'' on the p.148 chart. Huh, could you come up with a brand? I can't.

I want to know who is onboard; Who is riding shotgun and who are the passengers (up to 3).

I also want to know Kareem's maneuver (already chose mine).

The terrain is Close
The starting chase speed is 60 MPH

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim smirks... and pushes the CPG into the backseat...

"That is the way to do it... good ol' brawn...."

Kim then buckles his seatbelt...

"Taxi... follow that car."

Kim smirks and then looks to the CPG... making sure he stays under control.

OOC: Kim and the CPG are passengers

Last edited:

Alexander Roman

First Post
Roman bends over with his hands on his knees, shaking his head and gasping for breath.

-I've had just about as much action as I can stand for one day - He mutters under his breath. He takes a quick glance around, stands up straight and straightens the wrinkles out of his shirt. Whistling and stepping along the road, he makes his way to the nearest unoccupied cab and takes a ride back to the hide out.

-I'm too old for this.- Roman chuckles as he gets comfortable in the back seat and watches the town pass by.

Steel Ronin

First Post
Kennichi takes shotgun in the vehicle. As he clears the jammed round from his pistol he says:

"A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams. . ."

With a slap on the dashboard of the newly acquired set of wheels, the soldier says:

"Let's go!!"

[OOC: Ken will prepare to shoot the moving car (and its passengers) by leaning out the window and firing at the appropriate time.]

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
What a wimp... Kareem mutters. He slams the accelerator and the Accord, eager to be pushed to the limit after so many months of relative inactivity, jumps forward in pursuit. (Gun It +9 bonus, will spend Action points 2d4+2 to prevent a finishing move by the prey. ) He smiles, finally getting to have some fun...

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim takes a a moment to compose himself and then hits Ghost-Fox on the speed-dial once more...

"Alright Ghost... pickup babe... this is almost kind of important here..."

Kim waits for her to answer...

Game Control

First Post
The cars race in the streets at break neck speed as both driver put the pedal to the metal. The sedan might be slightly faster, but kareem controls his acceleration with practiced ease and quickly catches up the soldier's vehicle. Steel Ronin takes his chances despite the speed and leans out of the window to shoot twice at the fleeing Sedan, hitting both time.

OOC:

My maneuver; Pull Ahead. 0/0

Kareem
14 + 9 = 23

Driver
12 + 3 = 15

This accounts for the soldier's wounded state (-2 dex) as well as both car's handling.

Kareem cuts the lead of the prey to 1 lenght.

The speed of the chase is now 80 Mp/H

Steel Ronin shoots twice. -6 because he's shooting from a moving vehicle at 80 Mp/h. No range penalty (1 lenght = 10 feet in this chase)

12 + 7 -6 = 13 vs def 10, hit
15 + 7 -6 = 15 vs def 10, hit
Dmg 4 (2 + 2)

EDIT: forgot the hardness, the bullets either bounces harmelessly, no damage.

You can choose another maneuver, Kareem.

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
"Steady. . .steady. . ." Ken says, more to himself than to Kareem.

Ken, the wind blowing in his face, stedies his gun and takes aim at the fleeing sedan's back tire.

[OOC: Ken will aim and brace himself (+6 normal, +1 aim, +2 brace, + 1 if PB shot) and shoot the back rear tire of the sedan with his handgun (2 shots) 2/12 S (rolling 2 for each 1 spent).

Hey Kareem, let me know if you are gonna do any sharp turns. I'll pull my little head back in the car and hang on!]

Last edited:

Remove ads