• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (The Warehouse)

Steel Ronin

First Post
[OOC: What surrounds Ronin? Anything? I am wondering if people are all around me, cars, boxes, etc.? I am just wondering if there is anything I can use for cover if things get nasty.]

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim nods slightly and grabs Kareem roughly while sliding a hand into his jacket exposing his own pistol to Kareem and then whirls and fires on the gun toting guard 20 feet away...

OOC: +3 to hit with the pistol I believe, my own pistol has a laser sight Kareem so you will benefit from that...

Game Control

First Post
[OOC:

Kareem's antics bought you back your surprise action. But the older guard with the SKS is gonna chip in and act too. He's too much suspicious already. He's the only one, all other will wait for round 1.

But K&K must spend their surprise actions drawing their pistols. This quickdraw feat is really powerful in a spy game, eh?

Ken can draw or do something else, he hasn't declared yet.

(I shouldn't use intitials for the three of you, or I'll end up designating you as KKK!)

Cover: nothing fixed but there are dozens of worker milling about and carrying boxes. Those boxes might prover cover. Again, be warned that these are dockers working for smugglers who are carrying the boxes. Their reaction might be unexpected. In layman's term, it means a random roll with a secret % of violent reaction instead of the traditional run for cover and hysterics normally associated with bystanders.

--------------------------------------------------

Init.

1 Ken: 13 + 8
2 Soldiers: 19 + 2
3 Ghost: 13 + 3
4 Kareeem: 7 + 4
5 Luddite: 8 + 2
6 Kim: 1 + 3

(only the SKS older guard for surprise round)

Here are the declared actions for the surprise round:

2 - The SKS soldier is going to shoot one of the KKKs as he sees at least 2 of them going for their weapons. I'm waitimg for Ken to declare before deciding.
3 - Ghost shoots the sentry (I think)
4 - Kareem draws
6 - Kim draws

Round 1

The revolver soldier will target K&K, the SKS one will keep shooting, the 2 rear patrols will try to locate Ghost who just shot the sentry.]

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
OOC: Just to be offical, Luddite is waiting near the Fire Exit door. Also keeping an eye out for anyone that may be coming around to aid the soldiers in the Warehouse. If at all possilbe I would like to have crowbar near by just incase I will need to pry the fire door open. But otherwise I am making sure no one sneaks out this way.

-Luddite

((OOC: GhostFox will activate the laser sight (half-action? free action?), then fire a wide burst at the sentry (half-action).

Ranged Attack: +6 plus or minus any range and GC imposed modifiers (+0 BAB, +3 DEX modifier, +1 Wide Burst, +2 laser sight bonus if the target is within 50 feet).

If GhostFox fails the attack roll by a 1-3 points less than the Defense value, she will spend an action die to make sure she succeeds at hitting the sentry. ))

Game Control

First Post
[OOC:

Presumably activating a laser sight falls under ''activate an item'' which is a free action.

So Ghost will shoot at +4 (-2 range penalty)
4 + 4 ; def 10
AD 1

Oh my. That's a miss by 1 point.

But you know what; I'll extend the D-4 bonus to hit for ready actions to the surprise round for situations like this. So it's a hit.

For future reference, if you have your weapon drawn and aimed at a target before the beginning of a surprise round, you get the bonus to hit as if you were readied. Technically, you can't ready an action before the fight begins. Therefore without such an houserule, the D-4 snipers would have a hard time using their bonus.

If my D-4 P&P player is reading this thread, this houserule also applies to you.

The Guard is dead, Fox expanded an AD this round.]

Game Control

First Post
Ken draws his weapon and drops in a prone position. Meanwhile the older guard fires his SKS rifle in direction of Kim and Kareem.

[OOC:

Ken, sorry for assuming. I just wanted to move forward a little. You seemed worried about cover: when you lack cover, you drop prone.

For next round you are free to target either the SKS or revolver guard. The revolver guard will still be flatfooted so you if you hit him it'll be a critical threat. But the revolver guard is farther away, of course. You're roughly 30' from SKS guard but about 60' from revolver guard

The SKS guard fires at (random die roll) Kim. Since he's tangling with Kareem, the SKS will get -4 to hit and if he misses by 4 or less he'll hit Kareem instead.

SKS
18 - 2 That's a hit.
Dmg 8

(I'm not accounting for Kim's Tuxedo Liner. I sort of assumed that he wasn't wearing a tuxedo on the docks.)

That completes the surprise round. You can declare new actions, Ronin goes first, then the guards then the rest of the team.]

Steel Ronin

First Post
[OOC: Thank you GC. Please excuse my tardiness. Work has demanded much more of my time recently.]

Ken, from his prone position, fires two shots at the guard with the SKS.

[OOC: I'll shoot the SKS guy. +7* (1/5 - worth 2 AD for each one I spend when attacking)]

"Sentry neutralized."

GhostFox moves down the crossbeam towards the control tower.

((OOC: Skill Checks: Balance +6, Move Silently +9, Hide +10, Tumble +7

Did the other guards notice the door sentry die? Is anyone aware of her presence yet?

I think she is still 30-35 feet away from the stairs and control tower. I say go for broke and make it a full movement, spend action dice to make sure she doesn't fall, and action dice for any other life and death rolls.))

Last edited:

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
OOC: My .45 has a laser sight too. And since it's a free action, no problem!

Kareem draws Tokiwong's pistol and squeezes off two shots towards the closest guard. (+4 Attack, w/ +2 Laser Sight=+6 total) While firing, he drops to one knee to present a smaller target. Over the din, he yells "Aachoo!":)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads