• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (The Warehouse)

Steel Ronin

First Post
Ken, from his prone position, fires two more shots at the guard with the SKS to keep him distracted from Kim and Kareem.

[OOC: I'll shoot the SKS guy again. +7* (1/5 - worth 2 AD for each one I spend when attacking)]

Luddite

First Post
Kareem_Amirr said:
OOC: Thanks, but I don't think he has line of sight. Luddite, can you roadblock N'Gambe with a Jeep?

[ OOC: The Soldiers are on foot. I need to move quickly to secure a boat so we can leave. ]

-Luddite

Game Control

First Post
The shootout in front of the warehouse still rages as Ronin swiftly dispatch the SKS guard with a bullet to the head. Kareem is under fire but he's pulling out of his duffel bag something that should tip the balance in his favor; a good ol' AK-47, the third world's solution to everything.

Meanwhile, inside the warehouse, Ghost is dancing around bullets. Avoiding fire from a guard below, she rolls on the roof, jumps headfirst toward the staircase, flips in midair, catch the door's handle and opens it simultaneously as she is landing in a firing position. But what she sees inside the control room is surely not what she was expecting.

There is the elderly African gentleman that was spotted earlier by Luddite, but now he looks like a wildman. His eyes are blood-soaked and feverish. He screams incoherently and waves a huge revolver. His shirt is torn in two places, as if he's just been in a brawl. In the corner of the room, Ghostfox locates Gournay. He looks shaken, almost in shock. He is in a worse shape than the African.

But there is no time for thinking, just for acting. Before the African can target Ghost, she fires at him and catches him in the shoulder. The demented man staggers forward but catches himself before falling and levels his revolver with Ghost's chest. But as this drama unfold, Gournay's expression has turned from shock to anger. As the elderly African's attention is on Fox, Gournay surges forward toward the madman and clubs him with a small but sturdy lamp. The African lumps to the floor and mumbles incoherently. Gournay shouts at him and seems about to club him some more.

[OOC:

Ronin shoots twice at SKS soldier.

Range -2, guard has 1/2 cover

Atk VS def 15

You spend an AD and the guard is dead. I presume you'll spend your last 1/2 action to stand up from your prone position.

PS: Hey, this AD code works!

PS2: When Ken shot at the SKS guard in round 1, I forgot to add the laser sight bonus.

---------------------------------------------------

1-The rear soldier who rushed toward the front moves 30' toward the stunned revolver guard. He then has a LOS with Kim and Kareem. He shoots once toward Kareem.

He's using an Ak-47, fires a wide burst.

Atk VS def 14
4 + 3

2-The revolver guard is still stunned.

3-SKS is now dead.

4-The guard who had spotted Fox is out of sight.

Fox listen check: 14 + 1 (minus unspecified distance penalty and -2 for ambient noise); no information.

------------------------------------------------------

First of all, as soon as Ghost comes near the edge of the roof, the guard 4 shoots at her in a readied action;

Spot VS Hide check (If failed, Ghost won't have spotted the guard just before the atk and she'll lose her dex bonus)
14 + 3 (-6 for distance); 11
9 + 1; 10

Atk VS def 14 (he uses another SKS)

:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------

Ghost jumps down from the roof to the staircase and opens the door. Hmm, so how long does it takes to do all that?

Ad hoc ruling;

Tumble DC 15.

If successful it only takes 1/2 action to do all this in a Jackie Chan fashion, leaving 1/2 action to, I presume, shoot the madman inside.

If failed, you are clumsier and it takes 1/2 to move to the door and 1/2 to open it.

Tumble 16 + 7

Ghost tumbles down the roof and open the door; She sees two men inside.

The elderly African gentleman looks totally wild! His eyes are blood streaked and feverish. He points a huge magnum revolver to her head and...

Ghost Atk first VS def 11
16 + 6
Dmg 8, not stunned

Gournay is in the corner of the room. He looks horrified and in shock. As Ghost attracts the African's attention, he rushes toward him and tries to club him with a small but sturdy lamp. He displays remarkable vigor for a man of his age.

Atk VS def 11 (it's a charge)
8 + 5
Dmg 8, now he's stunned. And hurt pretty badly to boot. Gournay seems intent on finishing him.

------------------------------------------------------------

Kareem fishes out his Ak-47.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim... Well now that I think of it, I don't know what Kim does!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Luddite and Lana have now raced 240' toward the closest usable boats. This would be the boats on the west piers but to the north of the current shootout.

Your best bet is likely to be a small fishing boat only attended by a middle-aged man and his son. Considering the area you are in, this is as easy as it's gonna get.

If you spend an AD you'll find a lightly attended speedboat (1 goon and 1 passenger).

If you spend two AD you'll find an unattended speedboat.

Have you ever wondered why superspies often find the perfect means of transportation lying around when they most need it? It's because they spend ADs on it!]

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
[ OOC: I only have one AD left, so I spend that to get the speed boat. Could anyone else be allowed to spend one? If not, then do the occupents of the speed boat seem bribeable? (I have 700$ in cash, though not nearly enough to "buy" the boat from the goon.) Hmmm...Lets try this.... ]

Luddite spots a good get-away craft as he nears the edge of the warehouse area. But then sees two occupents. He pulls out his pistol has he approaches. His other hand reaches for his money clip with his cash.

"Cover me," he quickly states to Lana.

He jumps on the boat and attempts to close on the "goon", though trying to keep both occupents in front of him. He raises his pistol and with a bad/crazy impression of John Wayne says...

You got two options....You can take the lead..as he waves his pistol, or you can take the green, waves the cashe. Eitherway, I am taking the boat.

[ OOC: Bluff/Intimidate +2, Sense Motive +4, Diplomacy +4... One of these is what I am doing, but I am not sure which ]

-Luddite

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
OOC: Great, just great!:D

Kareem, remembering the weapons training learned at the Farm, presses the stock tightly against his shoulder, and fires two wide bursts at the mook. Smiling like a madman, even in the midst of the flying bullets, he yells "Take that!"

[2 wide bursts, +1 base, +3 Dex, + 1 burst, +5 attack w/ each.]

Steel Ronin

First Post
[OOC: Since I don't believe Ronin is in the line of fire at the moment and due to the fact more trouble may be on the way. . .]

Ken, stepping behind a stack of crates, holsters his handgun and pulls the assault rifle from his bag. Slinging the bag on his back like a pack, he clutches the rifle with both hands and prepares to rejoin the firefight with his new toy.

GhostFox rushes into the control room, pulling out the pen gadget with the knockout drug.

"You're coming with me - on or off your feet! Take your chances with these lunatics or make it out of here alive. So what's it going to be, Doc: the easy way or the hard way?"

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim tries to hobble out of danger... moving quickly... bleeding badly from his chest... he tries to find a way to the car or anything that can provide cover...

"Ahhhhk..." spits out blood over the radio... "Taking cover... we..." breathes, "got a means of transport... I think... I... damn all this blood... Gilligan... nearly down... do..." coughs... "Gournay?"

Kim is obviously not doing too well...

Game Control

First Post
As Kim retreats, Kareem get hit badly but a hail of bullets. Bloods flow freely from wounds in the chest and legs. It's a miracle he's still standing and able to return fires accurately. He keeps the guard on his toes as he almost rip his head with a burst.

Inside, Ghost tries to calm down Gournay.

-''You son of a bitch! You infected me, you infected me! I'll kill you!''

-"Calm down. You're coming with me - on or off your feet! Take your chances with these lunatics or make it out of here alive. So what's it going to be, Doc: the easy way or the hard way?"

Gournay seems to come to his senses. The man of reason in him quickly takes back the control. He breathes deeply and looks at Fox.

-''You're one of them, yes you must be. This could work out.''

He casually drops his lamp on the head of the mumbling African and shoots him an evil look.

-''You failed badly. You're already dead. Cold Turkey will never have been so cold. Have a fun.''

(turning back to Ghost)

-''All right Miss, I'm following you.''

[OOC:

--------------------------------

Kim during the previous round did a double move toward Luddite (he can't run anymore)

----------------------------------------------

Ronin fishes out his AK-47

-----------------------------------------------

1 - The revolver guard is still stunned

2 - The AK-47 guard keeps firing at Kareem

Two wide bursts VS def 14

14 + 3
16 + 3
Dmg 24! Not stunned

Unless I'm mistaken, Kareem hadn't been hurt until that point. He now has only 4 WP left.

3 - SKS guard is dead

4 - The guard who shot at Ghost is out of sight.

Ronin's spot

Ronin is the only one who could detect this guard but he fails to.

----------------------------------------

Ghost convinces Gournay to come along. It take some time as he collects himself. Read the italics paragraph.

------------------------------------------

Kareem fire two wide burst. He's wounded (-2 dex)

Atk VS def 15

4 + 4
12 + 4
Dmg 4. Guard is not stunned but has no vitality left (-2 dex)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Kim hustles some more toward the boat. Now he's 120' away from Luddite.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Luddite and Lana try a boatjacking at gun point.

Base DC is 11

+2 for offering 700$, -5 because we are talking about a speedboat here!

Lana assists; DC 10

Lana
10 + 1, she grants a + 2 to Luddite

Luddite
15 + 1

It works. The goon looks angry but the owner urges him to stay calm and give the keys.

Sense Motive:
9 + 4

You feel the owner is taking this too smoothly. He probably thinks he can get back his boat in short order, which leads you to believe there is a GPS tracking signal in this boat.

Well, a Snoop should be able to find it and disable it.

End of round 3.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads