Spycraft new OOC thread

Game Control

First Post
It's OOC, anyone can post.

First, an announcement:

Roman has bowed out of the game. His posting time window falls during the peak hours at which the Board seems to always be down.

I'll control his PC some more and dispose of him in short order.

I feel there is no point in seeking a replacement just now since the serial is very close to a resolution. I know it doesn't look that way right now, but trust me.

Speaking of resolution; I'm going to assume that all PCs are currently playing in the same time frame. Tokiwong is coming back from supper; it's roughly 1900. It's also 1900 (7 PM) for the 4 agents is the seedy club. This is important.

I'm going to assume that you spent several hours scouting the barrack before Roman finally was called over by the soldier. Some might ask; ''Well, if we spent roughly 4 hours scouting the barrack, did we get any additional info?''. The answer is no; Balladur didn't show up.

We've got more things to talk about in a short while, though.

Tokiwong

First Post
Cool... well hopefully we find this Balladur guy soon... I already got some skill points set aside for a Background... he he...

Luddite

First Post
Sounds like a plan. I hope Balladur will be invited to the Poker game by Gournay. :D That would be conveinent. Oh well.

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
Well right now we are still getting clues there are bound to be dead ends... and we have action... and then lulls while we build up more clues... it isn't all guns blazing glory... I think... and if Ghost sits tight we will have her give the camp the once over later on in the evening... things I think are coming together...

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
The nature of a spy game is thus; you have to make it happen or it'll just blow in your face. And as a matter of fact, It's about to blow in your collective faces...

Ghost could have gone with Luddite and used her skill to B&E into Gournay's office while he was busy, for example.

Alternatively, she could have planned a serious B&E on the barrack. I don't mean just mentioning it, I mean actively selling a plan and try to get others onboard.

For it to work, you'd have needed a diversion; Kareem and Ronin could have planned something noisy that would drag lots of soldiers out of the barracks, for example. Something like a drive by shooting while wearing ski mask and shouting anti-Mugabe slogan might have done the trick. And voila, a spectacular chase through the street while someone plays the MI tune and tries to break into the barrack while avoiding the few guard left. Perhaps even see N'Gambe up close and personal. That's reasonably superspy like.

Another option was an all-out raid! Extremely dangerous but perhaps possible with good planning. Mind you, for that kind of plan you probably need to be working the whole team on it and not divide your forces. But it is a reasonable assumption that N'gambe knows what you need and that going for his throat could have gotten you the desired result. The only problem would be getting out of there alive.

Surveilling a barrack and taking photo is indeed very pedestrian. But think back; did I ask you to do this?

There is going to be action in the serial. As a matter of fact, you are very near a flurry of activity. But of course, whenever the action originate from the GC, it's because I'm about to fall on you like a ton of brick because of an unlucky roll or a slip up. And it'll of course be on my (the opposition) ground.

You want to show up your strength; you have to take the initiative. You have to initiate the action. Kim has seen a lot of action (altough he doesn't always pick the right ''fight'', if you ask me) because he keeps trying to play to his strength.

What is the most entertaining part of a spy movie? Many possible answers, but a common one is: When the spies pull of an amazing plan and daring plan.

Now tell me, who is going to design an amazing plan for the PCs? Me?

Last edited:

Taking the Steam Train

Ok. Consider me chastised OOC and IC. At least now I know what is expected.

All I wanted to do is make a useful contribution IC and OOC. I'm throwing out suggestions. Ghost COULD have gone on her own but I did not want her to be a lone ranger and alienate the rest of the team but making suggestions and hanging back to see where the team goes achieves the same effect.

I would LOOOOOVE to make a contribution I have always been open to suggestions to the team and I try to make suggestions but being blamed because Ghost nor I have do not have better suggestions isn't FUN. Being forced to . Professional spy or not - hanging out with a bunch of men checking out naked chicks isn't GhostFoxes idea of fun. If GhostFox doesn't try hard enough to hide her displeasure then tough cookies.

It's the first mission, we hardly know each other IC or OOC (which SEVERELY degrades our performance), we are not professional spies so if this serial becomes a SNAFU, let's take our lumps so let's try not to self-destruct and don't POINT fingers!

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Re: Taking the Steam Train

Codename: GhostFox said:
Ok. Consider me chastised OOC and IC. At least now I know what is expected.

All I wanted to do is make a useful contribution IC and OOC. I'm throwing out suggestions. Ghost COULD have gone on her own but I did not want her to be a lone ranger and alienate the rest of the team but making suggestions and hanging back to see where the team goes achieves the same effect.

I would LOOOOOVE to make a contribution I have always been open to suggestions to the team and I try to make suggestions but being blamed because Ghost nor I have do not have better suggestions isn't FUN.

It's the first mission, we hardly know each other IC or OOC (which SEVERELY degrades our performance), we are not professional spies so if this serial becomes a SNAFU, let's take out lumps so let's try not to self-destruct and don't POINT fingers!

right with yah there... just give it time we will gel... eventually... one day... in the far flung future...

Remove ads