Stacking Races

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
AuraSeer said:
I find that among the common PC races, dwarves tend to stack best. They're short and blocky, and since they usually have all that chunky armor, you can fit them together like puzzle pieces.

Just watch out for the occasional Dwarven Battlerager loaded with armor spikes. You'll end up with a horde of sore, grumpy dwarves on your hands... :D

Gromm

First Post
AuraSeer said:
I find that among the common PC races, dwarves tend to stack best. They're short and blocky, and since they usually have all that chunky armor, you can fit them together like puzzle pieces.

But then again halflings are really flexible, you can bend them at odd angles and fit them together well.

Lord Ravinous

First Post
If i were to make a Tiefling-Elf I would go with the common rule that like bonuses don't stack, for instance.....

+2 Dex from elf and the +2 Dex from Tiefling wouldn't stack into a +4 Dex

and further more I would say that similar skill bonuses wouldn't stack

also keep the resistances the same, as well as spell-like abilites.

This should keep it around +1 ECL

Gromm

First Post
Even with your situation it must be at least +2 ECL, or its better than Tiefling in almost every way (more abilities, etc).
Just being a native outsider makes you +1 ECL (as proven by some of the sadly weak Gensai), so adding in an elfs abilities has to make at least +1 more.

Lord Ravinous

First Post
Good point, but being that the Race doesn't benifit from the Elvish Dex bonus(doesn't get it), but does get the -2 Con IMO more than covers the "sixth sense" for secret doors, and possibly even the free proficiencies. The only odd factor is that it gets a bonus to 2 additional skills. Bluff and Hide

Infernal Elf-(+2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Cha; Cold, Fire, and Electricity Resistance 5; Darkness 1/day; +2 Bluff, +2 Hide, +1 Listen, +1 Search, +1 Spot; "sixth sense" for magic doors; Elvish Blood; Native Outsider; Favored Class: Rouge) +1 ECL(+2)

When it comes down to it, if I were DM, this race's ECL would be based mainly on the kind of player using it. If it were going to be used for actual character depth and actual Rp'ing I'd say it's a +1 ECL, but if it were used by a player with no intent except for picking a race that give the best bonuses to his class, then it'd be a +2 ECL.

But Gromm, you made a good point.

Last edited:

Remove ads