• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stacking... Ugh.

Chairman7w

First Post
I am running a game where a character has Gauntlets of Ogre Power (+2 to STR) and has Righteious Might cast on herself (+8 to STR).

She now has +8 to STR, correct? (or is it?)

Now, if she drinks a Potion of Bull's Strength, would that stack?

If she invoked her Granted Power (Feat of Strength), would that stack?

I understand that like Bonuses don't stack, so I'm even wondering if the Righteous Might stacks with her Gauntlets (aren't the both Enhancement Bonuses?).

Thanks in advance for your help.

wgreen

First Post
What's the problem? Gauntlets of strength, bull's strength, and the feat of strength all give enhancement bonuses to Strength, and thus don't stack with each other. Righteous might gives a +4 size bonus to Strength (where'd you get +8 from?), which does stack with the enhancement bonuses.

-Will

Kilroy

First Post
Gauntlets are +2 (enhancement)
Bull's Strength is +4 (enhancement)
Strength Domain is +level (enhancement)
Righteous Might is +4 (size)

Gauntlets and Righteous might stack for +6 total.

Bull's Strength replaces Gauntlets.

Strength Domain Power replaces Bull's Strength.

Arkhandus

First Post
The Gauntlets are an enhancement bonus, as is the Strength domain's granted power. However, Righteous Might states that it gives you a size bonus to Strength. Enhancement bonuses do not stack, but the size bonus from Righteous Might will stack with your best Strength enhancement bonus. Frex, if your Strength domain's granted power gives +10 Strength, it'll stack with the Righteous Might's +8 Strength, but your Gauntlets of Ogre Power will be ignored; you'd have a total adjustment of +18 Strength.

Bull's Strength grants an enhancement bonus, so it would stack with Righteous Might but not with the Gauntlets nor with the Strength domain's granted power. Remember that the highest enhancement bonus overrides the rest.

(I don't know where you guys are getting +4 for Righteous Might......the 3.5 SRD at Wizards.com says +8 size bonus to Strength, +4 size bonus to Constitution, and +4 enhancement bonus to natural armor AC.)

wgreen

First Post
Righteous might was errata'ed to +4 Str, among other things. The Sovelior & Sage SRD included this errata and so I didn't realize it was ever +8. Now I get it. :)

-Will

Joker

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
Make sure you check out the new errata on divine favor, too (limits to +3).

I swear if any of you tell my DM about this your asses will be added to the kicking list.

Have a nice weekend ;).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads