• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stacking Uncanny Dodge

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
A Rogue 6 cannot be flanked except by a Rogue 10 - 4 levels higher.

A Barbarian 5 cannot be flanked except by a Rogue 9.

According to the FAQ, a Rogue 6/Fighter 10 can be flanked by a Rogue 10, but a Rogue 6/Barbarian 2 needs a Rogue 12 - since Rogue and Barbarian both grant Uncanny Dodge as a class feature, the levels stack for determining who can flank.

What about a Rogue 5/Barbarian 4/Assassin 4? All three classes grant Uncanny Dodge, but he hasn't reached a level in any of the three classes yet that grants immunity to flanking.

Do the class levels stack to grant immunity to flanking even if no individual class has granted it yet? Or does he suddenly jump from "can be flanked" to "can't be flanked except by a Rogue 19" as soon as he levels up in any of those three classes?

-Hyp.

hammymchamham

First Post
I seem to remember the Sage said that Uncany dodge stacks from multiple sources. So a Rogue 3/Barbian 2 can't be flanked since when you add the levels of classes that get Uncanny dodge is 5, and a 5th level Barbarian can't be flanked.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I seem to remember the Sage said that Uncany dodge stacks from multiple sources.

I thought I'd heard something similar... but it nevermade it into the FAQ, so I couldn't be sure if I was remembering right.

-Hyp.

hong

WotC's bitch
Hypersmurf said:
What about a Rogue 5/Barbarian 4/Assassin 4? All three classes grant Uncanny Dodge, but he hasn't reached a level in any of the three classes yet that grants immunity to flanking.

Do the class levels stack to grant immunity to flanking even if no individual class has granted it yet?

Sure. Consider that if he hadn't multiclassed, he could have been immune to flanking for 8 levels prior to this.

Brekki

First Post
Yes they all stack. In early editions of the PH, rogues could "treat her barbarian levels as rogue levels to determine how effective her uncanny dodge is", in later editions a "and vice versa" was added.

The Assasin and all other Uncanny Dodge abilities are the same as the rogues, so levels stack.

Darklone

Hihihihi... Too bad. Once in a month something that I know better than the Smurf, and he's still faster at finding it :D

Remove ads