Star Trek Strange New Worlds, what did you think?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
DS9 is my favorite trek (non trekkie).
DS9 comes in at #4 for me, but only because I really like the episodic exploration, go where no man has gone before type Treks. So #1 for me is the original Star Trek, then Strange New Worlds, then Next Generation, and then DS9.

Zardnaar

Legend
DS9 comes in at #4 for me, but only because I really like the episodic exploration, go where no man has gone before type Treks. So #1 for me is the original Star Trek, then Strange New Worlds, then Next Generation, and then DS9.

I thought TNG was a bit pants. There's a few good episodes eg Borg/Q stuff but there's a lot of filler and crap.

Haven't seen ToS since I was a kid so can't really rate it fairly. The old movies are 50/50 kinda but haven't seen a few since early 90's. Well the movies are kinda 50/50 not just the old ones.

TNG didn't even hit 50/50 for me and I don't get the big deal about Picard.

Sisco is a bit bombastic perhaps but I liked him a lot.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Its hard to assess TOS out of context; it carries a lot of baggage of the period it was made in, and by some budgetary issues. There were some absolute stinkers and some really brilliant episodes, but there's a lot of noise that can make people have trouble getting to the point where they can assess them fairly.

Ryujin

Legend
Just had to throw this in. One of my friends doing his best Not Anson Mount for an upcoming comedy sketch web series.

EDIT - The guy playing the Andorian is also a friend and the two in blue play off against each other incredibly well. I don't know the third in back, personally, but he does some great work.

300505159_613153957035165_7496795158674075209_n.jpg

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Mild spoilers for Strange New Worlds season 2, and minor spoiler for Lower Decks (along with spoilers for The Boys season 3):
Not sure how this will work, but Frakes being onboard gives me some confidence. Maybe this will be season 2's "The Elysian Kingdom." :LOL:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Carol Kane is joining the cast as an engineer. I heard a Scotty impression in the season finale. I wondered if we might see him.

We might see him as an assistant engineer. Makes sense that even if he's on the ship, he doesn't need to be Chief yet.

Remove ads