Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Ryujin

Legend
"Singh" is a common name in various South Asian languages. I think among Sikhs, all or many men use the Singh name. The Noonien part is also a name, but not very common, AFAICT.

That said, in ST, Noonien Singh means one thing and one thing only, so it's an...interesting choice? I'll wait to see what they do with it.
IIRC Singh means king/lion and is an adopted surname taken by Khalsa Sikhs. There's an honour and duty connotation to it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Video seems to be restricted to only display with a US IP address.

(Disclaimer: I obviously did not try 200 different IP addresses, but it wouldn't display with the UK one I tried)
I dunno what to tell you other than that I can see it here in the U.K.

I wonder if Brent Spiner will make an appearance. One of the new characters has the name Noonien Singh. Maybe Kahn will return?

Since this is supposed to be in the same continuity as TOS, it's not so much that Khan will return, because he hasn't been defrosted yet.

Strange New Worlds is supposed to take place starting circa 2257/2258, shortly after the end of Season 2 of Discovery (when Discovery takes it's one-way trip to the 32nd century).

Kirk takes command in 2265, so this is about ~7 years before (presumably a "normal" seven year run for a Trek series would run up to the change of command with Kirk taking over around the series finale).

. . .and Khan and the Botany Bay was discovered in 2266 in the 1st season of TOS, about 9 years in the future from the start of Strange New Worlds.

Remove ads