Star Trek: The Captain Poll (and general discussion, I guess)

Who is the BEST Star Trek Captain? (Choose 3)

• Benjamin Sisko

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Christopher Pike (Disco)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Christopher Pike (TOS)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Gabriel Lorca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Tiberius Kirk (Kelvin Reboot)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • James Tiberius Kirk (TOS)

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Jean-Luc Picard

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Jonathan Archer

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Kathryn Janeway

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Phillipa Georgiou

• Robert April (TAS)

• Ummmmmm...... does Han Solo count?

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Poll closed .

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Oops, only chose one, Picard. The other two would be Janeway and Shatner Kirk; I think Janeway is hugely under-rated, esp for what the actress had to put up with. Picard still makes me smirk at being the most British Frenchman you ever saw. :LOL:

MarkB

Legend
Ben Sisko is my favourite, but he was never simply a captain, so it's tough to define him by that role.

TOS Jim Kirk is the best straight-up Captain whoever Captained, with Jean-Luc Picard a close second.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
and somehow, they went the worst way.

I expect they went the way that wraps up in one season, because Jason Isaacs is a really busy (and probably expensive) guy, and they likely weren't sure if a second season would happen when they wrote it.

And, honestly, I didn't mind how it went. There's a trope out there now that our villains are all nuanced to the point that you have sympathy with them. Screw that. Give us a good old, lying, cheating, power-hungry sonofamotherlessgoat every once in a while, too!

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
It took me far too long to figure out what Disco was short for.

Sisko was and is my favourite, but I'm not sure if he really counts since he so rarely sat in command of a starship.

Remove ads