Star Trek: The Captain Poll (and general discussion, I guess)

Who is the BEST Star Trek Captain? (Choose 3)

• Benjamin Sisko

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Christopher Pike (Disco)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Christopher Pike (TOS)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Gabriel Lorca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Tiberius Kirk (Kelvin Reboot)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • James Tiberius Kirk (TOS)

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Jean-Luc Picard

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Jonathan Archer

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Kathryn Janeway

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Phillipa Georgiou

• Robert April (TAS)

• Ummmmmm...... does Han Solo count?

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Poll closed .

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
When Roddenberry wanted to deliver himself of a discourse on human nature (either real or potential), Kirk got the best lines.
The other captains had to imitate him.

Spock and McCoy got the best one-liners.

Vael

Legend
Oops, only voted for Picard. Oh well, Picard shall always be my first choice, but the fight for 2nd and 3rd is real and difficult.

Sisko is probably 2nd, always been a solid fan of him. That said ... he faces some challengers.

Janeway used to never be one my radar, I disliked her during Voyager's initial run. But a relatively recent rewatch has made me come around on her.

Kirk (Shatner) might be the OG Captain, and I don't dislike him, but I do feel he's been eclipsed.

Kirk (Pine) ... is the shallow choice. He's so pretty. But seriously, I really liked Pine's performance and this version of Kirk.

Phillipa Georgiou, I really needed more time with her, not her Mirror counterpart (though I enjoy watching Michelle Yeoh rule the screen in either role). But it didn't take long for me to love her.

Pike (Anson Mount) ... it was about midway into the second season of Discovery when I thought that Pike might be a legitimate threat to topple Picard as my favourite captain. I would definitely watch a full series with him, Number One, and Ethan Peck's Spock.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Peck acted well. But... he should have kept the beard. He doesn't have the chin for Spock. :p
I don’t think these things are lookalike contests. He doesn't have the (chin?) for Nimoy, not Spock. Daniel Craig doesn’t looks like Sean Conney, either! And the less we say about Batman....

Remove ads