Star Wars: Andor

Dioltach

Legend
It's a show about small people in a very big galaxy. Not a one of them would come out of the Total Perspective Vortex alive.

But that makes them so relatable. You can see small things like how the tension goes out of Lt. Meero when her boss defends her to his boss. She might be a cog in the workings of a fascist regime,* but we've all had those meetings, when our career depends on approval from the higher-ups.

* Which I think for the first time we're now also seeing on the personal (as opposed to the "blowing up planets") scale. Andor being arrested and sentenced simply for being in wrong place, prisoners' sentences being doubled with no explanation, and their treatment in general, Bix being arrested based purely on assumption.

MarkB

Legend
Bix being arrested based purely on assumption.
I agree with the rest, but I don't think this was the case. She was brought in for interrogation as part of the investigation into Cassian, both because she's a known associate and because she was involved in the prior incident. Very deliberate targeting in her case.

Dioltach

Legend
I agree with the rest, but I don't think this was the case. She was brought in for interrogation as part of the investigation into Cassian, both because she's a known associate and because she was involved in the prior incident. Very deliberate targeting in her case.
I agree with that, I was referring more to the "Hey, you look like someone we're looking for", without first confirming her identity.

MarkB

Legend
I agree with that, I was referring more to the "Hey, you look like someone we're looking for", without first confirming her identity.
They had a picture. There was the whole "if you're not her, the resemblance is striking" line. I don't think calling her out by name is the sign of a faceless oppressor.

Davies

Legend
I'd watch whole episodes of Mon Mothma at dinner parties
I suspect that this episode will be the last of that for a while. The hating her husband part will probably continue, if, as seems likely, he just escalated the breakdown of their marriage by getting/having Tay killed.

i'm starting to think Mon's husband is just a twit and not intentionally being a bad guy. I'm also waiting for the daughter to do something like give her parents an actual what-the hell talk

Remove ads