Star Wars: Disney scraps the Expanded Universe

As someone completely unfamiliar with the Expanded Universe, that was a long list of meaningless names with no reason to care. I got bored after 90 seconds.
Not surprising since it was mainly aimed at those who know Legends I mean the EU..considering there's new characters in the next 3 movies that you haven't heard of either why care about them?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
As someone completely unfamiliar with the Expanded Universe, that was a long list of meaningless names with no reason to care. I got bored after 90 seconds.

Then why did you two keep watching?
Seriously?
If you're bored by something, Stop Watching It.
That's my golden rule for entertainment. Sadly, I'm bored by a lot of shows and movies that are popular.
But what's the point of watching something that bores you?

Nellisir

Hero
Then why did you two keep watching?
Who says I did?

Seriously?
Yes, seriously. Who? Because that person is a liar.

If you're bored by something, Stop Watching It.
Yup, that's what I do. If something interesting happened at 1:32, I didn't see it because I closed the window.

That's my golden rule for entertainment.
Well, that's kind of a bummer of a golden rule.

Sadly, I'm bored by a lot of shows and movies that are popular.
Maybe your golden rule should be "watch good stuff" and not "turn off boring stuff". It's important to think positive. I don't watch much tv either - there are shows I intend to watch, but mostly that doesn't happen.

But what's the point of watching something that bores you?
Well, sometimes they're informational or educational, even about modern culture. But otherwise? I dunno.

Edit: Oh, wait! I got it! Hope! Hope, that pandoric phoenixian sylph of irrationality. Hope is the reason to keep watching. :)

Last edited:

Nellisir

Hero
Not surprising since it was mainly aimed at those who know Legends I mean the EU..considering there's new characters in the next 3 movies that you haven't heard of either why care about them?
The point of a trailer is to make you want to see the movie. That trailer fails.

Elf Witch

First Post
Enjoyed the trailer quite a bit and I only knew about half the names. I have enjoyed most of what I have read in the EU. There are a lot of stories that I think would translate onto the screen.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
How many people knew who Qui Gonn Jinn, Padme', Queen Amidalla, Jar Jar Binks, Watto, or Boss Nass were before they saw the movie (that weren't involved in the production)? Yeah, they were a bunch of names that didn't mean anything.
Given that the person who made that trailer had very little to work with (just fan films and videos taken out of context or altered, and maybe some video game footage), I think it works pretty well.
Yes, it's tailored to those knowledgeable about EU. Duh.
They had a lot to cram into very little time, with no budget because they were doing this for fun.
Yup, Fun.
That's why they did it.
Go figure.

Remove ads