Star Wars - OG3

R_J_K75

Legend
Every time I watch Star Wars episodes IV-VI, I just want the originals available again. Lucas adjusted them so much they're almost unwatchable at times. Is that the Mars Volta singing in Jabbas throne room?

Opinions?

The exact details are NDA'd but as part of the sale agreement of Star Wars to Disney, Disney were prevented from doing non-Lucas-approved versions of the OT, or possibly more specifically, limited to the final, extremely messed-with version. It's thought that this agreement lasts for the rest of Lucas' lifetime.

It's an uncontroversial take to want the original or one of the less-altered versions to be available. In fact, I'd say it was the norm for people who had any opinion at all on the subject.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I bet you could take the originals and run them through and “AI” program to do the digital remastering without the added crap. Hey, I think I finally found a good use for “AI.”

R_J_K75

Legend
I bet you could take the originals and run them through and “AI” program to do the digital remastering without the added crap. Hey, I think I finally found a good use for “AI.”
Please don't say it, now Jimmy Page is going to remaster all of Led Zeppelins catalog.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Every time I watch Star Wars episodes IV-VI, I just want the originals available again. Lucas adjusted them so much they're almost unwatchable at times. Is that the Mars Volta singing in Jabbas throne room?

Opinions?
That the original Star Wars trilogy is almost unwatchable? No, I'm not even within a billion miles of that opinion, and find myself unable to comprehend it.

R_J_K75

Legend
That the original Star Wars trilogy is almost unwatchable? No, I'm not even within a billion miles of that opinion, and find myself unable to comprehend it.
I'm saying with all the enhancements and additions that Lucas has done over the years it has become unwatchable at points

Remove ads