Star Wars DVD announced

Krieg

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:
Someone will probably go through and re-cut the new versions to make them as close to the originals as possible. Someone with editing skills, a large hard drive and access to a good editing program, like Adobe Premiere Pro.

Hey, wait, I've got all that...

Think Laserdisc my friend. :)

Pants

First Post
d4 said:
Greedo shot first.
Well, at least in the SE universe, there's something out there with aim worse than a Stormtrooper. :p

The snazzy CGI crap isn't enough to cover up the WURST EDIT EVAR!

Mirth

Explorer
Well I've been waiting on Lucas to announce his plans before deciding and I'm afraid his choice to go with the new versions just doesn't cut it for me. Looks like I'm gonna buy the bootleg DVD rips of the original versions when I hit the cons this summer. Too bad...

KenM

Banned
Banned
My problem with the SE is the changes in some of the lines GL did, and Greedo shot first. No reason whatsoever to change those things. But Ii'll be picking up the DVD's, i'm too much of a Star Wars geek not too. I hope they put in the scene with Biggs and Luke on Tattoine, even if its just in a deleted scenes section.

Last edited:

robaustin

First Post
I'm not advocating bootlegs here, but....

If you want the original flicks on DVD - check around on the internet for copies from Thailand. A friend of mine has them - they were mastered from the Laserdiscs. The quality is excellent, and the DVD menus and options are comparable with what you'd find on most commercially available DVDs. No, there's no 5.1 sound, or whiz bang commentary - but who needs that if what you really want is to see the original film in its original form in the best possible quality?

--*Rob

Mirth

Explorer
robaustin said:
I'm not advocating bootlegs here, but....

If you want the original flicks on DVD - check around on the internet for copies from Thailand. A friend of mine has them - they were mastered from the Laserdiscs. The quality is excellent, and the DVD menus and options are comparable with what you'd find on most commercially available DVDs. No, there's no 5.1 sound, or whiz bang commentary - but who needs that if what you really want is to see the original film in its original form in the best possible quality?

--*Rob

Word. I, in fact, own the CAV laserdiscs of all three films but my LD player died. I have a feeling that it will be no trouble finding the Thai boots. You just have to know where to look... ;)

kengar

First Post
I recently unearthed my tape of the 3 films I recorded off USA Network during a Christmas marathon years ago. I will probably just get that transferred to DVDs and let the SE's go hang. Lucas will never see another dime of my money anyway. I didn't see E2 & I'm not going to E3, so why should I buy discs of a version I don't like?

Remove ads