Star Wars Galaxy Tiles: Anyone Have?

Captain Tagon

First Post
I saw this at a book store yesterday. Almost picked them up but hadn't heard anything yet? Anyone have these and have a positive or negative review of them?

drothgery

First Post
I've got a set, but I haven't opened them yet, as my Star Wars tabletop game is currently on hiatus. But our regular D&D DMs get a lot of use out of Dungeon Tiles, so I'm figuring that having a few sets of Galaxy Tiles will help me when Episode II of my game starts.

Picked up a set... and wound up buying a second set.

The tiles are good quality cardstock, very durable, double-sided, and generic enough to be useful for most any set-up. There's also a few example floorplans/lay-outs on the inside of the packaging sleeve.

As my own Star Wars game wrapped before these came out, I haven't had an opportunity to make use of them yet.

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
Thanks for that link to the pictures - those really are nice looking. I hope that they put out enough to produce a good variety map types (I've about used the minins battle maps in my campaign :) ).

Someone who has used these tiles - are they rigid enough to use on their own or do they need a covering? I guess I'd toss my sheet of plexiglass overthem regardless, just so I could use the markers.

RodneyThompson

First Post
Ki Ryn said:
Someone who has used these tiles - are they rigid enough to use on their own or do they need a covering? I guess I'd toss my sheet of plexiglass overthem regardless, just so I could use the markers.

Now that we finally got ours in at the office ( :uhoh: ) I've gotten to use them a few times and I've found they work fine without any covering, just like Dungeon Tiles. However, if you have a kind of slick surface on the table you're using, you might consider putting down a battlemat if you have one underneath. I found that doing so prevents your map from sliding around or getting broken apart as easily when people move their minis.

Insight

Adventurer
I really like them. Like others, I bought, opened, but have not yet had a chance to use, but I am running a SW SAGA game, and will likely use them soon. I think this is a nice source of potential revenue for both the RPG and the Minis game, and certainly lots of material from which to draw ideas to make a bunch of different tile packs.

I haven't tried this yet, but I have a bunch of the D&D tile packs. Assuming I'm running a SW game where some of the D&D tiles make sense, I wonder how well the SW and D&D tile packs work together...?

Insight said:
I haven't tried this yet, but I have a bunch of the D&D tile packs. Assuming I'm running a SW game where some of the D&D tiles make sense, I wonder how well the SW and D&D tile packs work together...?
I'd figure they work as well as any of the various D&D tile packs would work together, if they are both set for the same size square (1 inch, which I believe they are).

Remove ads