Star Wars Galaxy Tiles: Anyone Have?

arscott

First Post
I have them, (though I haven't had a chance to use them yet--last week's game got cancelled). My one complaint is that they're a little bit boring--the dungeon tiles had cool stuff like inns and campsites, but the only cool things that the galaxy tiles have are a couple of pits and a tie-fighter.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I got a pack, went through them and got a second pack within the week. I was impressed and will use them in my upcoming games. Same good quality as D&D tiles and nice generic rooms you can use for many different locations.

And to double up what Rodney said, if you use them on a regular wooden table, they slide around like you are playing air hocky, but a battlemat underneath solves that real quick.

-DM Jeff

Well, my two sets of Galaxy Tiles finally got some use this past weekend, as a friend of mine has opted to run us through the Dawn of Defiance campaign.

Have to say, they are pretty freakin' sweet :)

He was able to do a pretty good job of mocking-up the areas we were in based on the images given in for the space station part of the adventure.

Looking forward to more of these as time goes on.

Nebulous

Legend
arscott said:
I have them, (though I haven't had a chance to use them yet--last week's game got cancelled). My one complaint is that they're a little bit boring--the dungeon tiles had cool stuff like inns and campsites, but the only cool things that the galaxy tiles have are a couple of pits and a tie-fighter.

I have to agree with Scott. The tiles are good, and i'll certainly use them, but a lot of them are big blocks of empty, and not really that much more interesting than drawing a square on your battleboard with a marker. Some do have tie-fighters and stuff though. I'll be using them in conjunction with maps from the SW minis game (which i like better for big set pieces).

And if anyone has ever played DOOM from Fantasy Flight, that game comes with dozens and dozens of connectible room tiles with a sci-fi theme. Lots are slathered in blood, but lots aren't either. I'll also be using those.

doom3.jpg

Last edited:

The_Gneech

Explorer
Got a set and used them for my game last weekend. My main suggestion is that you plan out the layout and put those tiles aside beforehand, so that when the scene comes up you can quickly set up the board.

They are on nice, heavy cardstock -- much nicer than the flimsy stuff they put out for the miniatures game; it's a very good starter set. I'm hoping they'll release more later.

-The Gneech :cool:

Remove ads