Star Wars General thread

Zardnaar

Legend
Stock price is not everything. In fiscal year 2019, they had a net income of about $10 billion. For 2020, that became a net loss of nearly $3 billion.

That not "made less money". That's "gone form massively profitable to losing billions". That's a drubbing. One they can handle, yes, but 2021 going to be similarly bad for its first half (because we aren't getting everyone vaccinated before June, realistically). So, setting up an expectation that it'll be okay in the long run, because they have got the stuff everyone wants to watch all lined up, is a decent strategy.

This plus they were 50 billion in debt before the pandemic.

Even with vaccines I doubt Disney has recovered by this time next year.

20 years works just as well as 30 years. It's not like Vader said "I haven't felt that presence since he chopped me up on Mustafar". There's only two lines it has to work with, and 20 years will do that just fine:

"A presence I haven't felt since...."
"When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

As long as when they meet in the TV show it's clear that Obi Wan is still wiser than Anakin, and Vader leaves having been a bit schooled, it works.

There are only about 20 years in between episodes 3 and 4. Luke is 18-20 years old at the start of episode 4. So this takes place about half way between the two movies and 5 years before the events in Rebels.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There are only about 20 years in between episodes 3 and 4. Luke is 18-20 years old at the start of episode 4. So this takes place about half way between the two movies and 5 years before the events in Rebels.
Sure. That doesn’t change anything I said.

Remove ads