Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Trailer just dropped. Here it is!

[video=youtube;eKR1lOj_Gs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKR1lOj_Gs4&fbclid=IwAR2QZ76nU9-Kmayf_uPfHgTxFE2HgTNxuYXnhQeCmryWUD6D4R4G9AdOyqU[/video]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Creepy Palpatine laugh at the end....

Loved seeing Lando and Chewie in the Falcon.

Mustrum_Ridcully

Adventurer
So is Rey going to fight Kylo again, and win again?
Is the Emperor not quite dead yet?
And I thought it was going to be the end of the Skywalker Saga. Not sure "Rise of the Skywalker" sounds like an end?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The end of this story. Not the end of the Skywalkers.

Maybe Luke is rising from the dead!

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
"Every generation has a legend"? I'm pretty sure they used that for The Phantom Menace trailer all those years ago.

Let me guess, the emperor is actually Anakin's father. The story was always his story. The emperor is the one who brings balance to the force? I might be only half joking here.

Word on the street is that the villain is Palpatine's head perpetually cackling wearing Vader's helmet, with Darth Maul's torso and double light saber and Snoke's gold costume and General Grievous's cyber-legs.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube_share;xD4WWbbOEm8]https://youtu.be/xD4WWbbOEm8?t=125[/video]

Ian McDiarmid appeared in person at the trailer announcement. Starts at 2 minutes 10 seconds.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, is that Yavin IV that has a big piece of Death Star wreckage on it, or Endor?
Is that what that is? I thought it was, but wasn’t sure.

I’d say Endor if so. It was in orbit around Endor, merely approaching Yavin.

MarkB

Hero
Were you looking for science in Star Wars? Seems a curious starting point!
No, I'm just amused that they've suddenly provided corroboration for an old fan theory that had previously been thoroughly debunked / handwaved away.

Aeson

Adventurer
I deny your claims of a "holocaust" caused by Imperial hands, or the alleged destruction of Imperial property. No Endorian lifeforms were harmed. Rebel agitators attempted to disrupt Imperial operations on the forest moon of Endor. Their actions failed due to the bravery, and overwhelming might of the 501st legion.

Legatus_Legionis

< BLAH HA Ha ha >
One of the rumours from Mike Zero is that for a period of time, Luke Skywalker becomes more than just a force ghost, but of flesh...

Hince the "Rise of Skywalker"!

I did like the Emperor's laugh in the trailer... I think it might have been the best part of the trailer.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One of the rumours from Mike Zero is that for a period of time, Luke Skywalker becomes more than just a force ghost, but of flesh...

Hince the "Rise of Skywalker"!
Like what I said up there. Dunno who Mike Zero is, but pretty much everybody has suggested that on account of it being an obvious interpretation.

Advertisement