Star Wars Saga/D&D 5th Hybrid [OOC/Rolls]

Forged Fury

First Post
Looks good, I like the change to Armor Mastery, makes it useful all around.

Armored Defense is just such an odd duck. I'm not really sure how to fix it.
Given that the Heroic class bonus ranges are +2 at 1st, +3 at 5th, +4 at 9th, +5 at 13th, and +6 at 17th and Light and Medium armors range from ARS 11 to ARS 16, there are only so many ways the basic talent can benefit someone wearing armor. Discounting the Improved Talent, the Heroic Class bonus starts to exceed the best Light Armor at 13th Level. But that armor is available to a Soldier at 1st Level, so if they chose scout armor at 1st level, they wouldn't benefit from the talent until 13th level. With medium armor, you also don't start seeing a benefit until 13th level. If wearing trooper armor, it isn't until 17th level and there is no benefit at all if you are wearing Battle Armor.

I'd almost consider replacing the benefits of Armored Defense with the benefits of Improved Armor Defense and making Second Skin the prerequisite for the new Armored Defense Talent. The ARS improvement moves at half the speed of the proficiency bonus, so it doesn't create that significant of a power boost, I wouldn't think.

GreenKarl

First Post
The end-of-round update (#472) said: "the sergeant is about 6 meters from Jihahna, 8 from Kacela and this Gand"?

Hmm I thought it was farther... then the blast radius could have gotten all three of you from where I understood it was going to be place (at the tunnel entrance)

GreenKarl

First Post
I should have added that Jihahna had enough movement to get out of the area but you did not (Kacela could move back before it went off and then forward if she wanted)

GreenKarl

First Post
I just noticed something else we did wrong...

When using Move Object you have two options... one is to directly attack a foe with your Charisma (Use the Force) skill roll. The other is to move or 'throw' something you normally your Charisma (Use the Force) skill roll is only to see if you can move the object. Then to 'throw' it you need a sperate Range Weapon Attack roll.

So Jihahna made her Move Object roll but not her attack roll

Shayuri

First Post
But I didn't use Move Object.

lol

I'm so confused right now.

I feel like I have no idea what's going on in this fight...which isn't surprising, since I haven't actually -done- any of it.

Remove ads