• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers]

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy. It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good. I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team. Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their...

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy.

It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good.

I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team.

Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their hand cut off?

Luke lives in Ireland, eh?

Question: WHY was there a map to Luke, and why was it split into two? I feel like I missed something. For that matter, why a map and not just some coordinates? Seems like a random puzzle set up for the sake of it.
ebdc7e9da0a98a020498d701b47512ef.jpg

delericho

Legend
* What was the Awakening in the force? Rey? Where were the Force Ghosts? I was expecting to see or hear a Force Ghost of Yoda or Obi-wan.

You did. When Rey picked up the lightsaber there was a mix of voices, which included Yoda and Obi-Wan. Even better...

Why were you expecting that? Neither of those characters have had contact with the new characters here. And Sir Alec Guinness has been dead for 15 years. And Ewan MacGregor was probably the best thing in the prequels, but it wouldn't do to have his young voice there.

Ewan MacGregor came in to record a new line for that scene, "Rey, these are your first steps." But in post-production they apparently switched out part of his voice for that of Alec Guiness - because "Rey" sounds an awful lot like the middle of "Afraid".

Bagpuss

Legend
The plot was terrible (Episode IV copy cat) and too many unexplained things.

Personally I like the fact that a lot of what happened between was left untold, most of it wasn't necessary for the story they were telling then.

* Liked Finn, but his character could have used some more explanation. How did he break the storm trooper conditioning? What are his talents? He's seriously a stormtrooper garbage man?

I suspect he is a force sensitive, there were a number of hints pointing to it.

Cons:
* JJ Abrams seriously messed up Threepio & R2D2. Threepio has always been the greatest comic relief. They missed a huge opportunity to have Threepio annoy Solo again.

I thought they did that perfectly when he is first introduced, with him playing gooseberry on Han and Leia's reunion.

* What was the Awakening in the force? Rey? Where were the Force Ghosts? I was expecting to see or hear a Force Ghost of Yoda or Obi-wan.

I think it was Fin, rather than Rey (perhaps both). There is something of an exchange between Snoke and Kylo Ren, after Fin's defection, that suggested they sensed some change. Kylo Ren also knew instantly which trooper was involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bagpuss

Legend
I figured that was because he saw 2187 acting strangely down at the planet.

I doubt he could tell one Stormtrooper from another over that distance. Although granted he could have started investigations (off camera) after the raid, and learned his designation then. To me he seemed to look towards Fin, because he sensed something different about him.

Last edited by a moderator:

delericho

Legend
I doubt he could tell one Stormtrooper from another over that distance. Although granted he could have started investigations (off camera) after the raid, and learned his designation then.

One of them was conveniently marked with bloodstains from a fallen comrade...

Eejit

First Post
I doubt he could tell one Stormtrooper from another over that distance. Although granted he could have started investigations (off camera) after the raid, and learned his designation then. To me he seemed to look towards Fin, because he sensed something different about him.

He's strong in the Force. Like, really strong.

Recognising people is something Force-sensitives are good at.

Cor Azer

First Post
Han jumps the Millenium Falcon from within his Freighter as the Falcon is being eaten by a Sharktopus and while taking fire from the other smugglers.

That doesn't mean they didn't calculate anything - it just means they had a very narrow opening to start out from (the docking bay opening).

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads