• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers]

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy. It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good. I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team. Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their...

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy.

It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good.

I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team.

Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their hand cut off?

Luke lives in Ireland, eh?

Question: WHY was there a map to Luke, and why was it split into two? I feel like I missed something. For that matter, why a map and not just some coordinates? Seems like a random puzzle set up for the sake of it.
ebdc7e9da0a98a020498d701b47512ef.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What are you even talking about? I was responding to people hoping for a romance free film. So, that means I'm asking, rhetorically, that the people suggesting that a no romance movie would be a good thing to rethink that position. You are literally responding to nothing.

You've completely lost me.

You said "BUt don't try to sell me on the 100% BS notion that in times of crisis, people don't seek romantic entanglements."

I said "Nobody tried to sell you this notion. They just didn't make a film about it."

Then you called me rude names and I asked you not to.

And now you say you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm flummoxed. But please don't call me rude names, even if you disagree with me.

I haven't used any red mod text in this thread. It was a disagreement about a sci-fi movie. Please don't make it into anything more than that.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
You've completely lost me.

You said "BUt don't try to sell me on the 100% BS notion that in times of crisis, people don't seek romantic entanglements."

I said "Nobody tried to sell you this notion. They just didn't make a film about it."

Then you called me rude names and I asked you not to.

And now you say you don't know what I'm talking about. I'm flummoxed. But please don't call me rude names, even if you disagree with me.

I haven't used any red mod text in this thread. It was a disagreement about a sci-fi movie. Please don't make it into anything more than that.

Why are you bringing the rude names thing into this? I've been told that responding to moderation in thread is against the rules. If you want to talk about that, we are already having a PM conversation about that.

What you've quoted here wasn't in any way about that.

"Don't sell me on X" is a common linguistic device use to indicate a nonplussed reaction to the suggestion of X. I used it in that manner.

Then you went on a condescending and rude tangent, using obviously and intentionally obtuse examples instead of actually responding like an adult.

SO, yeah, I've no idea what on Earth you're talking about.

Water Bob

Adventurer
One thing about the film...the plot is simple. Real straight forward. Yes, like A New Hope (but Empire's plot gets a little more complicated).

One of the good things about the prequels is that the plot, in all three movies, was actually pretty damn involving and interesting--and complicated. The presentation of that plot is lacking (and I wish another director had been used). But, the story of Darth Vader's fall and Palpatine's rise is written (not presented) quite well.

As much as I liked the film, I think The Force Awakens suffers because of its simple plot.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Why are you bringing the rude names thing into this? I've been told that responding to moderation in thread is against the rules. If you want to talk about that, we are already having a PM conversation about that.

It's not moderation. It was a request that you not call me rude names. Not unreasonable.

We're done, dude. Direct your anger elsewhere; I won't be responding to you on this further.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Crazy talk!

I liked the cantina, and Maz. Someone upthread called her this movie's Jar Jar, but that person watched a different movie from the one I watched.

ccs

41st lv DM
There is no standard of story telling. And serial stories are hardly a new thing. Just look at the LotR movies for a modem example - or almost any TV show.

He did promise that. Then just turned into a ghost who could occasionally give vague advice. Something he was already quite capable of doing while alive.

It had zero impact on the narrative. He died because Alec Guinness wouldn't do the sequels and thought the movie ludicrous and beneath him.

And yet there he was, playing Obi-Wans ghost, in ESB & RotJ....

ZzarkLinux

First Post
Quick Update: I talked with 2 of my cousins and they loved the movie. They liked BB8 and all the action and everything.

So me and my uncle were "meh", but some of my cousins were " yea". Maybe the people you take with you affect your perception of the movie?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads