• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers]

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy. It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good. I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team. Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their...

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy.

It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good.

I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team.

Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their hand cut off?

Luke lives in Ireland, eh?

Question: WHY was there a map to Luke, and why was it split into two? I feel like I missed something. For that matter, why a map and not just some coordinates? Seems like a random puzzle set up for the sake of it.
ebdc7e9da0a98a020498d701b47512ef.jpg

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
And fortunately, in this case, we had Han and Leia, showing that despite their long estrangement, they still had feelings for each other, and still shared some hope for their son.

Yeah, their scenes were great. And I liked that the movie didn't try to focus on any new romance. Its a trilogy, there is plenty of time.

ZzarkLinux

First Post
Forgot to mention: my cousins reminded me that Carrie Fisher's voice acting (Leia) was pretty bad. Really deep and rash. Her makeup was used, well but her voice was bad.

I think the rest of the acting in the movie was good, though I admit that I'm easily impressed. Was there any other obvious bad acting that I missed?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Ah. But Finn was a stormtrooper. One thing he almost certainly knows is the proper way to address a Knight of Ren. And unlike Kenobi and Vader, there is no familiarity there, no bitter memory of friendship betrayed, or the cold familiarity of long time enemies.
I can't imagine Finn using Kylo Ren's familiar name. He wasn't trying to show up, like with Phasma.

About Carrie Fisher. Huh? Her acting was bad because her voice was older and rougher? No. She was great, her voice just isn't the same as when she was in her twenties or whatever.

darjr

I crit!
Yea, I liked Carrie Fisher's acting a lot in this. The first time I saw it the last parting of Han and Leia was touching, the second time I saw the movie it broke my freaking heart.

I thought it must have just been me and what I know, but upon seeing it a third time I've noticed that she does play the scene both ways. As if she hated to see him go, again, and yet somehow knowing it was the last time ever.

Staffan

Legend
But the tired joke of SW is that one person/fighter ALWAYS makes the difference...

The Imperials should have learned that by now, you'd think.

#46: If an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads