Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi part 2

possum

First Post
OOC: Reminds of an old Star Wars PSA I saw on Youtube once.

The bartender quickly fills your order and takes a few credits as payment for the drinks.

Rhun

First Post
Anariel hands the noAle to the padawan, and one of the ales to Lorem while taking the other for herself. She sips at it and glances around the bar, trying to spot or hear anything that might be of interest.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Lorem looks at the glass and thinks for a moment. He knew what the drink was, he knew it contained alcohol, he knew he could absorb the drink like he did with what little water he needed. What he didn't know was his species' reaction to alcohol. Finally he shivers a bit decides on a bold experiment. Mimicking the humanoid way of drinking he takes the glass to his face and then extends a strand of vine to the glass, looking like he'd be drinking, and absorbs a small amount of the liquid.

[sblock=OOC]Hehee... Time to make a biological experiment :D I don't think it even occurred to Anariel that Lorem doesn't eat or drink as such..[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Do you sense anything Lorem?" asks Anariel, keeping her voice low, so just her companions can hear her through the din of the cantina.

OOC: It didn't...I mean, I knew photosynthesis had been mentioned before, but she really knows little of Lorem's unique biology.

possum

First Post
OOC: Well, I don't see anywhere where they can't drink alcohol, but I really wouldn't think that Neti are able to get intoxicated, though.

Jund takes his non-alcoholic drink and thanks Anariel as his master takes her seat. Around the group, the crowd continues their everyday routines, you believe, sitting at their tables while drinking and listening to the band play.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Since there seems to be no ill effects to mention Lorem keeps "sipping" as he looks around the room. I do not recognise anyone but the vision was only a flash. Trying to find some clues, he turns to the Force again.

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, that's what I figured too but decided to let you decide. Anyways, using the Force again, first sense the force and if it doesn't reveal anything then another farseeing.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
While Lorem calls upon the Force to aid him, so too does Anariel. But she calls upon it in a different matter, to enhance her senses so that she might listen to the conversations of others in the cantina.

Enhance Senses +7...not sure you want a roll of anything in this situation, but basically she wants to increase her listen and try to see if she can catch any tidbits that might relate to the mission.

possum

First Post
Lorem
[sblock]
As you search through the Force, the only hint that you can get at the moment is to stay put. Strangely, though, there's a feeling about the back room of the place.[/sblock]

Anariel
[sblock]
You also dive into the currents of the Force, letting the energy field enhance your hearing. At first, the din of the band is nearly unbearable, but you eventually are able to focus in on what you're trying to hear.

The conversations are fairly mundane at first: patrons discussing how good or bad the service is, minor smuggling operations that are likely beneath the importance of the current mission. Comments about yourself and Lorem; jokes about how "the tree and the woman" can't hold their alcohol. There are underlying whispers, though, somewhere around the bar itself. You can't quite make it out, but the Force gently pushes your attention there.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Stay here," says Anariel to Lorem and Jund, as she stands and walks toward the bar. She signals for the tender to bring her another drink, while at the same time listening to The Force in an attempt to pinpoint the whispers.

possum

First Post
"The meeting tonight," the whispering grows louder as Anariel makes her way to the bar to buy another drink, fueled by her Force usage and her proximity to the speaker. It is extremely unlikely that anyone else other than the one being spoken to can hear it over the noise of the rest of the crowd and of the band. "2130," he adds.

Remove ads