• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STAR WARS - The Clone Wars - Child of Prophecy FOLDED

Baron Opal

First Post
He returns...

Well, Doc, it's good to see you again. Star Wars was always one of my favorite genres to play in, and it will be fun to see what you make of it.

I've noticed that most of your SW games are very finite, 6-10 sessions or so. Your fantasy games have been more open-ended. Does the SW mileu inspire you to more specific storylines? Or, have you had your fill of the extended campaign?

Baron Opal

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Baron-
Neither, in fact- I just feel that certain games and genres have a life expectancy to them. I think it's best to have Star Wars games from 4-8 sessions long, D&D for years (if possible), and Feng Shui one session at most. I think the adventure nature of Star Wars kinda prohibits it from being a long campaign. You can't keep up the heat over thirty sessions, so it's better to burn bright than to burn long.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
PROLOGUE II

The Jedi stepped into the Supreme Chancellor's office and took their usual seats before his desk. "Good of you to see us, it is," Yoda offered as a greeting.

"Not at all," the Chancellor said. "I am always happy to receive the Jedi Council. How goes the campaign?"

Mace Windu replied "Well, after a fashion. We've taken twelve more systems under our wing since last week, and Manaan has agreed to speak with us about joining the Republic."

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine smiled and held his hands palm-upward in a Naboo gesture of gladness. "Wonderful. This is very good news. If we could get them to commit, we would have no shortage of kolto for our medic units."

"Moreover," Windu added, "Manaan has had a millenia-long tradition of neutrality. If they even consider coming to our side, it will show other systems and planets that our cause is just. Their very attention will provoke the attention of countless undecided systems."

"Oh?" Palpatine blinked and nodded. "Yes, I suppose so. I hadn't even thought of that." He nodded again, in that grandfatherly way of his. His face was kind, his eyes wrinkled from years of polite smiles.

Yoda regarded the man. "Supreme Chancellor, if you will, we have a boon we might ask of you."

"Yes, of course."

Yoda and Mace exchanged unsure glances, and Yoda spoke. "A prophecy, there is. Ageless, it seems, and yet unrealized. There will be a child. One who brings balance to the Force."

"Yes, I remember hearing of this." Palpatine paused in thought for a moment. "...Skywalker, was it?"

"There was one who believed this when he was taken in to the Jedi Order, as there are some who believe it now," Windu said with his eyes to the sunset, just out the window. "When Skywalker came to us, Qui-Gon Jinn took him as his student, claiming the boy was the Child of Prophecy."

"Master Jinn. Oh, I can't imagine how terrible it was to lose him." The Supreme Chancellor's face fell, and he reflected sadly on the death of the Jedi. "And how alarming that he should die at the hands of one of these treacherous Siths."

"Sith," Windu corrected. "At any rate, yes, the Force is very strong indeed with Skywalker. He is one candidate for the Child of Prophecy." Mace paused and looked to his companion.

"Another, there is," Yoda said.

Palpatine's eyebrows raised. "Truly?" He cleared his throat and smiled again, his face serene. "This is good for the Jedi Order, yes? What does this have to do with me, my friends? You mentioned a boon."
Palpatine.jpg

"Strong, Skywalker is, and nearly a full-fledged Jedi," Yoda said. "He can defend himself and has proved himself in combat. Sirus, as the other potential is named, is but a youngling. He is but ten standard years old."

"Oh my. Sirus, you say?"

Mace nodded. "Pock Sirus. A human boy. As strong in the Force as any we've seen. The Force flows around and through him, and he takes to his lessons quickly. He is still young and headstrong and not yet knowledgeable in the ways of diplomacy and the Code, but he's mastered the early tenets of using the Force without problem. He's training under Master Turon on Ilstaes-IV. We want to bring him back to Coruscant."

"As soon as possible," Yoda added. "We ask you to sign an order for a full squadron of soldiers to be sent to bring him safely home. His life is too valuable to trust to risk."

Palpatine bent his head down and thought. "I see." He stood and stared through his window, watching the speeders and transports flying slowly in their orderly lanes through the sky. "I'm sorry, my friends, but I must deny this request."

Mace spoke calmly. "This is very important to the Order, Supreme Chancellor. Sirus could be the one to restore balance to the Force."

Palpatine nodded absently. "I understand your concern, Master Windu. Still, consider the Republic's needs. There is galactic war. In every system, conflict between our forces and the Separatists' threatens to swallow countless lives. Our troopers are spread too thin as it is, and I cannot place the life of one Jedi above the lives of others. Everything is proceeding according to plan."

Yoda said "Sympathize we do, yet the Child of Prophecy could grow to save more lives than we could ever know."

Palpatine shook his head. "That makes sense if you subscribe to Jedi dogma." He smiled. "I'm afraid I do not. I do wish you the best of luck in his safe return, but I cannot grant your boon."

Windu sighed and looked to Yoda. "We should send a group of Jedi out to Ilstaes and bring them home as soon as we're able."

The Supreme Chancellor frowned at that, not unkindly. "I believe that Coruscant's Jedi Knights all have their assignments as generals in the war, do they not? I don't wish to naysay your plan to save this brave lad, but we can't very well call Masters Fisto, Unduli, Kenobi, or even yourselves away from the war."

"Plo Koon will go," Windu said. "He is Turon's former Master. Or I will."

"I'm afraid all the remaining Jedi have assignments to report for," Palpatine said as he turned from the window to face the two Jedi. "Some tasks haven't yet been assigned, and will be given shortly. There's just too much to be done. We can't spare a one of you."

Windu and Yoda stood as one, bowing and turning to go. "Then we'll trouble you no more. If you'll excuse us, we have a message to send."

Palpatine smiled. "Of course. Good day to you."

The doors closed behind the Jedi as they left. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine turned and watched the gloaming sunset and the growing darkness over Coruscant, smiling slightly as he did.

END OF PROLOGUE II

Last edited:

Felix

Explorer
Sweetness.

Have you all started playing yet, or is this just the set-up for your players? And what a set-up: "Hey! Sithlord Palpatine, a Child of Prophecy is right... over... here." Heh.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
No, haven't started playing yet... The date got pushed back to next week.

And HEY, regarding the Supreme Chancellor, that's libel. You can't prove a thing about this wild allegation of some connection to these treacherous Siths.

Felix

Explorer
[Felix's Lawyers]

What Mr. Felix meant to say was "Pithlord" Palpatine. "Pithlord" because not only does Supreme Chancellor Palpatine possess a sharp wit, but also because the Empire, er, Republic, was based on British colonialism, and brits wore pith-helmets. Palpatine is a pithy British-cum-Republican Lord, so Pithlord is not libel.

Any statements to the contrary will be served papers.

[/Felix's Lawyers]

Umm, yeah. Pith...lord.

:D

Richards, can't wait!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads