• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STARGATE UNIVERSE # 20:Incursion (2)/Season 1 (Ending)/2010

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Incursion (2)

As Young and Camille attempt to resolve the hostage crisis with Kiva, Destiny suffers from power fluctuations and blackouts due to its proximity to a binary pulsar.

Wycen

Explorer
Not sure it is new, rather more prominent. Part of the gritty BSG style I suspect.

spoilers...

Would have preferred the gamma rays were not the reason for disintegration but ok.

I couldn't tell, did Mr. Shoulder Surgery, (Varro?) kill both SGC and Lucian people in the infirmary?

coyote6

Adventurer
So, are we going to get a really mixed crew next year? Lucian Alliance, SGC military, and civilians? That'd be a mess.

Wycen

Explorer
Just watched the encore showing scene with Eli and the computer. He said he sent his message in Ancient, but we see Rush leave before saying anything more about the message. Rush doesn't read Ancient does he?

My hypothesis is [false] that Franklin?, the guy in the computer, gave Eli the instructions to save Greer and Scott.

Edit: Didn't remember the scene with Rush sending Eli a message so that hypothesis was wrong.

And it looks like it was an SGC soldier who wrestled one of the Lucians for a gun which fired wildly and then Mr. Shoulder wound shot the SGC guy.

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
Non-dickish Telford has rapidly climbed the ranks of my favorite characters on the show. I really hope he doesn't die.

Speaking of death, I guess that's how they'll avoid the whole "Baby on Destiny" storyline. I didn't think they'd actually shoot TJ right in the stomach, or show it.

My absolute favorite beat in the episode was after Young yelled at the scientists, the next time he visits them he brings them food. I thought it was a nice subtlety for him to make a mea culpa like that.

When Chloe launched into her whole spiel, I rolled my eyes. To my surprise, by the end I was cheering for her. I love that she called out Eli on his behavior, and her "friendship is not a consolation prize" was perhaps the most poignant thing they've done on the show.

I was really hoping they'd do more with Wray. Personally, I was rooting for her to join the LA; that would have at least have been shocking. I would have settled for her resolving the situation with diplomacy when violence failed. We didn't get shrill and annoying Wray, which I suppose was good, but when the alternative is bland and boring Wray, I'm really not sure why she's even on the show.

I don't really expect them to kill off Scott and Greer, so that end part was a little anti-climactic.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
When Chloe launched into her whole spiel, I rolled my eyes. To my surprise, by the end I was cheering for her.

Not a fan of Chloe. I said to my wife that I hope she would get sucked out an airlock only a minute before Eli opened that door. She's alive, for now. The Gods are mocking me.

Remove ads