• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starter Class: Star Lord

TheLe

First Post
I have just uploaded Starter Class: Star Lord to the downloads area.

STAR LORD starter class (5 levels) - a great way to get younger players interested in Dungeons and Dragons, especially those who are into astronomy.

Summary:
The Star Lord is a strange being who is convinced that all beings come from stardust. While most people think they’re just deranged, the fact is that Star Lords do derive their powers from the celestial sources.

It is very rare to run into a Star Lord and even when you do, you may not even realize he is one. Star Lords begin life as simple farmers or common folk, and get chosen by the celestial beings for a greater good. Once called upon to be a Star Lord, they leave behind their life and wander the world.

-The Le Games

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
All classes have a minimum hit die of d6. Was that just a typo? The starting HP reflects a d6 being used. Considering they seem to be made to allow going into melee (armor and shield), I may even suggest to give them a boost to d8. Celestial resurrection has high enough DCs that it really won't happen that often, so that's no reason to give them so low of HP.

Damage-wise I think it's a little weak, but not too bad. Shooting star should be a magical ranged attack and use Int for the attack roll, or you may even make it an auto-hit like magic missile.

Since they'll be wearing light armor, they'll want to use their Dex for weapon attacks. Among simple weapons that means the dagger for melee and all thrown or ranged weapons for ranged attacks. For a bit more variety in melee, you could give them shortsword and scimitar. Of course, if you never intended them for melee, then they need a boost to their ranged blasty-ness.

TheLe

First Post
All classes have a minimum hit die of d6. Was that just a typo? The starting HP reflects a d6 being used. Considering they seem to be made to allow going into melee (armor and shield), I may even suggest to give them a boost to d8. Celestial resurrection has high enough DCs that it really won't happen that often, so that's no reason to give them so low of HP.

Sorry for the very late reply. The d4 hit die was NOT a typo.

The reason for the low hit die is because of this "Celestial Resurrection" power, which essentially allows him to come back from 0 hit points to full health (which he can attempt 3 times).

If you feel this is too low, then by all means increase it to d6 or d8! I wouldnt' go any higher than d6 though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads