D&D 5E Starter set being shipped early in Canada

The Hitcher

Explorer
Even if class/background/race/ability scores/etc are the same, can't you just change personality? No mechanics needed for that. Just role-playing.

You and I can do that, and come up with new background details. But I'm curious what their advice is for new players.

Mikeythorn

Explorer
Amazon just gave me an estimated delivery date of July 28-31. I'm in Australia and paid the lowest shipping rate.

I am responding to an oldish post here, but I just spotted that the local distributor here in New Zealand (PixelPark - sorry that I can't link) is advising retailers that the Starter Set will be available for distribution from 15 July. So if you have a FLGS or local boardgaming store then it might be worth giving them a tap to see if you can get the game earlier than via Amazon. Cereberus Games here in Wellington doesn't stock RPGs, but the manager did say to me a while ago that he is happy to order anything listed on the PixelPark website.

Agamon

Adventurer
In the playtest, Goblins are good at sneaking and ave advantage in the first round against foes lower in the initiative count. Bugbears just have Sneaky. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave them something else.

The Hitcher

Explorer
I am responding to an oldish post here, but I just spotted that the local distributor here in New Zealand (PixelPark - sorry that I can't link) is advising retailers that the Starter Set will be available for distribution from 15 July. So if you have a FLGS or local boardgaming store then it might be worth giving them a tap to see if you can get the game earlier than via Amazon. Cereberus Games here in Wellington doesn't stock RPGs, but the manager did say to me a while ago that he is happy to order anything listed on the PixelPark website.

Yeah, I could probably get it earlier in-store, but it would be more expensive, plus I'm moving to a more remote area next week, without any game shops. It's okay - I'll live =)

I've sent them two emails and yet to receive a reply. Not the type of service that makes me want to purchase things there, I must say.

But thanks for the info [MENTION=70464]Mikeythorn[/MENTION]

TrickyUK

Explorer
For those interested, here seems to be selling the Starter Set for a good price, with free worldwide delivery and claim to be delivered within 7 working days.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads