• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starting Gold

Tarangil

First Post
I'm not too sure whether I've been looking in the right areas, but I cannot for the life of me find any charts or description in the SRD's for a characters starting gold, or starting gold for characters that are of a higher level.

My question is is that is there anywhere on the internet (or some hidden corner in the SRD) that would give such information????

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Not that I know of. It's purposely not in the SRD, and so it's not kosher to post elsewhere. Part of that "not including how to create characters" thing.

I'm sure that someone has it online, though.

Tarangil

First Post
Piratecat said:
Not that I know of. It's purposely not in the SRD, and so it's not kosher to post elsewhere. Part of that "not including how to create characters" thing.

I'm sure that someone has it online, though.

Well then. That kind of sucks, silly to leave something like that out for whatever reason that may be... Thanks for the info though.

domino

First Post
Tarangil said:
Well then. That kind of sucks, silly to leave something like that out for whatever reason that may be... Thanks for the info though.
Not really. If they put everything in, then there'd be no need for people to buy their books.

DanMcS

Explorer
Tarangil said:
I'm not too sure whether I've been looking in the right areas, but I cannot for the life of me find any charts or description in the SRD's for a characters starting gold, or starting gold for characters that are of a higher level.

My question is is that is there anywhere on the internet (or some hidden corner in the SRD) that would give such information????

It's not in the SRD because they didn't want to include information about creating and advancing characters in the SRD.

It is a rule, and whether something is open content or not has no bearing on asking and answering rule questions. If you have a specific question, just ask, somebody probably has their PHB/DMG handy.

Talic

First Post
I don't have my DMG at the moment, but the PHB2 has reproduced both the NPC and PC wealth tables in an easy to find place. Right in the back with the Quick character creation appendix on page 215. Handily, thats the same place they provide suggestions for quick equipment purchasing.

werk

First Post
Tarangil said:

Well...what really sucks is that you have selected to not receive email, or offer your email address, so I can't send you the word.doc with the information you've requested.

Good job! ;)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
werk said:
Well...what really sucks is that you have selected to not receive email, or offer your email address, so I can't send you the word.doc with the information you've requested.

No, this is a good thing. It forces him to buy a PHB and DMG, and helps keep WotC in business. :D

hafrogman

Adventurer
Using excel I managed to develop a 6th order polynomial that (usually) gets the thousands digit correct. With some judicious rounding (and guesswork) such a tool might help you.

Just don't use it for 1st level. . . 4624 gold, 6 silver and 2 copper.

. . . it kinda makes me wonder where they came up with the numbers in the first place.

Rhun

First Post
KarinsDad said:
No, this is a good thing. It forces him to buy a PHB and DMG, and helps keep WotC in business. :D

Not everyone is trying to get away with not buying the PHB or DMG...sometimes you just don't have your book with you. :D

Remove ads