• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STARTING RIGHT NOW! MEGA ADVENTURE: Calling all players!

Trouvere

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
Notes on the Aether just started recently, I thought, so I'd doubt it will be over in time.
Middle of June, amazingly! We do have a pretty ferocious posting rate, I think, but only about one in twenty of those posts ever progresses the adventure. :lol: We were stalled twice, for almost a month in total, first when we lost our cleric and then when we lost our DM. Oh well. We're moving ahead again now, though I have to go away for 10 days in early October, during which time I probably will only be able to get to a computer two or three times. So... I guess Keldar and the Keldarites will just have to be the ones who keep Orussus safe when all the other adventurers have gone running off to who knows where.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Trouvere said:
Middle of June, amazingly! We do have a pretty ferocious posting rate, I think, but only about one in twenty of those posts ever progresses the adventure. :lol: We were stalled twice, for almost a month in total, first when we lost our cleric and then when we lost our DM. Oh well. We're moving ahead again now, though I have to go away for 10 days in early October, during which time I probably will only be able to get to a computer two or three times. So... I guess Keldar and the Keldarites will just have to be the ones who keep Orussus safe when all the other adventurers have gone running off to who knows where.
Well, if NotAe is particularly long, they might be around exactly in time for phase two ;)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I don't remember when Darque Demesnes started, so I don't know about Elthic. Should I add them to the list?
The Darque Demense started just under a month ago, and probably has at least one more month of playing to go. Maybe two.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix will hopefully be able to return with his group before things get rolling... esp as the group has discovered a Tome of Medibarian origin . . . necromantic in scope if my paltry understanding hasn't confused matters. ( Ximix has Know:Religion 5 as his basis for this educated guess. We also have a destroyed amulet that was controlling a druid... Ximix has a feeling this is some kind of artifact of the past stumbled upon in the crypt we cleared out. )
We should have two or three level 2's to add to the pot.

Ximix is a level 2 Cleric of Gliran with a small amount of experience fighting undead...

Wik

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Notes on the Aether just started recently, I thought, so I'd doubt it will be over in time. I don't remember when Darque Demesnes started, so I don't know about Elthic. Should I add them to the list?

As far as 1sts, we definitely currently have room for some, and if Boddynock decides to run his sidetrek, which seemed like a probable yes, though he hasn't gotten back with certainty yet, then that would give us another whole adventure worth of slots. You wouldn't really make a character who is 'game-specific', I think, except maybe some kind of Medibarian archaeologist knowledge expert obsessed with ancient history, and that wouldn't be wso much adventure appropriate for the actual adventure as it is the only level 1 PC who would know details about the adventure before it started. I'd just pick a class that the level 1s on this list lack--probably Cleric since we're always low on those. Heck, you could be a Medibarian Cloistered Cleric with lots of Knowledge: History and be that crazy archaeology expert too ;) That'll be just like my Medibarian Cloistered Cleric next level when she takes 5 ranks in Knowledge History to get the Lore synergy.

I wouldn't add either to the list, since I have no clue when they'll end. And hopefully, not soon - both are getting fairly interesting. Elthic the rogue has turned into quite the little fighter.

as for the cleric idea.. I like it. I was thinking of making up a female PC (figured I'd give it a try) - a half-elven or human cleric named Marie. As for archaeology - that should be easy, since I'm an Archaeology/Anthropology Major!

Though, maybe I'll make her more of a anthropologist, interested in studying other cultures, and who has picked up an interesting in Medibarian ancient history, in an attempt to understand the current culture. Still musing, though.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Wik said:
I wouldn't add either to the list, since I have no clue when they'll end. And hopefully, not soon - both are getting fairly interesting. Elthic the rogue has turned into quite the little fighter.

as for the cleric idea.. I like it. I was thinking of making up a female PC (figured I'd give it a try) - a half-elven or human cleric named Marie. As for archaeology - that should be easy, since I'm an Archaeology/Anthropology Major!

Though, maybe I'll make her more of a anthropologist, interested in studying other cultures, and who has picked up an interesting in Medibarian ancient history, in an attempt to understand the current culture. Still musing, though.
Other DD players have been adding themselves, I have discovered, so I'll put Elthic in tentatively. That means, of course, that we lose everyone listed as in DD if we start too soon, but we may take that long to get started up anyway, who knows. If it's close, the council will take time in and of itself, so we can always do what I suggested for the TCotM and SitFR characters.

As to the Archaeologist/Anthropologist, I would imagine that someone interested in the current Medibarian culture would not have much use for Medibarian ancient history--it would be a little bit like trying to understand modern Italy based on ancient Rome (the timetable is about right, and Medibaria had a fallen empire too). Of course, an Anthropologist who comes from Medibaria would probably be well-versed in the old histories anyway just as a matter of pride, and she might be engaged in studying the ancient culture more than the modern. Also, keep in mind that there isn't really any Medibarian cultural anthropology in this mega adventure (it's just that a student of history and lore might know some of the stuff mentioned in the council already) in case I didn't communicate that well enough ;)

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Just realized this was here. I'm hoping you haven't your fill of 3rd level characters yet? IF not, I'll throw Payne's name into the mix. 3rd level Rogue. Her normal adventuring party is Lot and Hero4Hire.

Remove ads