Stat this up # 2

Nookie

Explorer
I was thinking perfect because non winged flyer tent to have awesome maneuverability and smaller creatures have better maneuverability so it seemed right.

Cleon

Legend
I was thinking perfect because non winged flyer tent to have awesome maneuverability and smaller creatures have better maneuverability so it seemed right.

Good manoeuvrability is supposed to be, well, GOOD. The SRD describes it as "very agile in the air (like a housefly or a hummingbird)"

That seems ample to me. There are lots of monsters in 3E who are way too agile in the air.

Anyhow, it appears we have two votes for Good and one for Perfect, so unless you can come up with a good fine argument for the latter and sway one of us it looks like it'll be Good.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The linnorms in the CC have good maneuverabiilty when they can fly, and they seem like the closest thing to a precedent. The only thing that would argue a foxdragon should have perfect is that usually smaller things have better maneuverability, but I just don't see the need to push it.

Cleon

Legend
Im ok with good i just thought perfect worked because the no wings and and size issues.

In that case it sounds like we might as well leave the Foxdragon Working Draft with a Good fly speed and proceed.

I fancy having its Haze ability give it a circumstance bonus to Hide checks. Say +5?

Apart from that, are there any other special abilities anyone wants to give it?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I can see that a heat haze would distort location, making it hardter to hit the foxdragon, but I'd suspect that the blurry air around the critter would actually make it harder to hide rather than easier.

Nookie

Explorer
I think it working as the blur spell works just fine. it should have a big enough size bonus to hide think. we can always give it a feat to make it stealthier if we wanted.

Cleon

Legend
I can see that a heat haze would distort location, making it hardter to hit the foxdragon, but I'd suspect that the blurry air around the critter would actually make it harder to hide rather than easier.

Why? It makes the creature's outline less distinct, and breaking up or distorting your outline is a standard camouflage trick.

More pertinently, the blur spell doesn't provide any bonuses to Hide.

Come to think of it, it does give it one stealth benefit - if it counts as concealment it means the Foxdragon can hide "in the open" without needing cover.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases